About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The RDS will improve the perception and relationship within the Centers of Excellence (COE) while driving the company Rare Disease portfolio (Elelyso and Somavert) with a focus on transforming patient lives
Territory Optimization - RDS will lead and collaborate with the company partners to grow appropriate use of the company Rare Disease Products by identifying shared objectives, aligning resources and deploying patient centric innovative solutions to achieve targeted clinical and business results. The RDS will also need to collaborate and work closely with the company Gaucher Patient Services (GPS) and the company Bridge Program (PBP) patient services and our distributor network to ensure the company Rare Disease products and services are supported and coordinate with the Patient Affairs Liaison team to support advocacy groups/coalitions. Analyze the marketplace and COE to determine the impact within their regional territory and the national sales goals. Recognize opportunities and execute strategies to increase the company product utilization.
Selling Skills and COE Value Delivery - A RDS's primary focus is to ensure access to the company Rare Disease portfolio and improve utilization rates through the development of productive relationships, influence, and when appropriate, facilitate customer interest in purchasing product by working with the SAS COE team. Effectively communicate with customers; work with Dohmen, GPS, PBP, the Patient Affairs Liaison (PAL), Key Account Managers and Payer Account Managers to provide immediate follow up on service requests, deliver high impact sales presentations, and demonstrate a best in class level of account and technical knowledge. Effectively utilize marketing material, programs, as well as other company services and resources to educated customers, build meaningful relationships, and drive performance within the Rare Disease portfolio. Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of the complexities associated with the changing healthcare environment are critical to the RDS role in assessing how these changes affect the various customer segments we serve. RDSs must strictly abide by all company policies and applicable government regulations.
Team Contribution - Lead the company Rare Disease portfolio in the Rare Disease Centers of Excellence. Share information and look for ways to gain better access across all current and future Rare Disease brands. Act as a resource to the national brand teams in driving awareness of the COEs needs. Leads the collaboration with other the company colleagues, patient services, and distribution.
Approximately 50% -70% travel is required based on geography.
Position Location: NY, CT, MA, VT, NH
• Form collaborative partnerships with decision makers at large COEs, integrated delivery networks, medical groups, and infusion centers to conduct need assessments and deliver compliant solutions that will increase access and the appropriate use of Elelyso and Somavert by developing comprehensive business plans for each.
• Utilizes advance selling skills and approaches to achieve sales target goals.
• Possess an in-depth expertise in assigned Elelyso and Somavert as well as their therapeutic areas; including but not limited to advanced selling skills, conflict resolution, in-depth knowledge of payer and market issues, patient service offerings (GPS/PBP), competitors and disease states.
• Responsible for commercial communications and contact with COEs, KOLs, HCPs, Genetic Counselors (GC), and patient support staff.
• Collaboratively work with Trade and Payer colleagues to execute national and regional payer strategies. Collaboration responsibilities will entail working closely with our SAS COE team and delivering product presentations to help foster coverage of Elelyso and Somavert.
• Work with government relations to develop productive relationships to develop state policies and ensure the implementation of the appropriate tactics to maximize utilization of Elelyso and Somavert.
• Lead the local coordination of internal colleagues at targeted accounts through communication and collaboration to ensure alignment across various stakeholders to maximize opportunities and enable pull through of access. Collaboration partners include but are not limed to sales colleagues, PAL, government relations, medical outcome specialists, Payer Channel Access (PCA), marketing, contracting, other the company Innovative Health colleagues (PIH).
• Prioritize customers, opportunities and projects to maximize impact; leveraging all available data sets and stakeholder input to optimal decision making.
• Execute marketing programs across customer segments and present approved materials to deliver value added messaging in a compelling and compliant manner; developing and executing programs that are strategic in nature and may have near, mid, and long term market and financial impact.
• Build in-depth understanding of formulary, 340B, Apexus, and other cost saving measures at each COE.
• Drive innovation and new approaches that help exceed BU business objectives by proactively engaging leadership.
• Collaborate across all customer facing teams within PIH to ensure the customer is prioritized by taking a one the company approach.
• Provide the marketing and strategy teams with key local and customer specific insights that they can then utilize in crafting new market specific materials.
• Cultivate relationships and generate support from the COE, KOLs and organizational decision makers (both public and private).
• Customers could include accounts with various scopes to include local, regional and national footprints.
• Maintain active customer plans and data sets via company planning resources, actively maintaining and sharing such information with areas business partners
• Collaborate with local chapters and coalitions to promote where appropriate and compliant Rare Disease screening.
• Exceed product performance objectives for assigned portfolio of RD products. Tactical Business Objectives (TBO) include, but are not limited to, RD portfolio utilization, treatment regimen development, internal/external collaboration, project management, salesmanship, and administration.
• BS/BA Degree Required
• 5-10 years of previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience strongly preferred with at least 3 years spent in Specialty sales, a promoted position and or developmental role with demonstrated leadership across peer groups with experienced selling in a specialized market where third party reimbursement and service center has been utilized.
• Must be a current Healthcare Representative in good standing with a history of sales success, strong territory management skills, outstanding communications skills, as well as demonstrated teamwork, leadership ability and accountability.
• Demonstrated track record of assessing account needs and bringing relevant cross-functional appropriate tools and resources to drive performance
• Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills, as well as excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated track record of strong leadership, cross functional leadership, collaboration and effective utilization of available resources to drive performance
• .Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills are also required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to the company long range technology model in bringing the company information to market.
• Consistently follows and supports company policies
• Must have a comfort level with getting involved in community advocacy organizations and individual patient interactions.
• Must have effective interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, and the ability to advance and influence the acceptance of ideas.
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary.
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• Live within 150 miles of major airport within Boston
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.