Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing senior Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience, it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
The Senior Housing Independent Living (IL) Nurse Practitioner ensures effective and efficient treatment of our CareMore members, with little to no access to traditional outpatient care. This individual will be responsible for managing patient care at multiple facilities (Senior Housing/Independent Living) through the implementation of cohesive and efficient processes, with emphasis to include patient, family, physician, and facility satisfaction. The role will act as the members "Primary Care Provider" (PCP) when and where necessary. This individual provides general medical care and treatment to members in the comfort of wherever they consider home, spending their time working in Independent Living Communities. This Practitioner will additionally support membership in our care centers and at home, by ensuring membership is up to date on necessary HEDIS and coding measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manage a patient caseload as the primary Nurse Practitioner.
2. Performs comprehensive health assessments and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of a Physician/Medical Director.
3. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
4. Records physical findings, and formulates a care plan and prognosis, based on the patient's condition.
5. Document clinical assessment, evaluation and plan in approved electronic medical record in a timely manner.
6. Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
7. Refers patients to the Physician for consultation or specialized health resources for treatment.
8. Assist with growth and development of CareMore membership by supporting health education and marketing events.
9. Provides effective communication with pertinent facility staff, family members and clinical team to ensure implementation of the member's care plan.
10. Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend, and holiday calls and visitation to provide continuity of care
11. Provides resources to advise members on coordination of benefits for both Medicare and Medicaid programs.
12. Provides resources to assist members in maintaining Medicaid eligibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. /Education and/or Experience:/ Master's degree in Nursing with emphasis in Family, Adult, or Gerontological practice
2. /Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:/ Current registered nursing license and Nurse Practitioner license in good standing with the state of Nevada.
3. /Other Qualifications:/ None.
Skills and Abilities
1. /Language Skills:/ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
2. /Mathematical Skills:/ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
3. /Reasoning Skills:/ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a high variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
4. /Computer Skills:/ Working knowledge of WordPerfect 6.0, EZ Cap, data entry, and general computer skills.
5. /Other Skills and Abilities:/
1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Must be able to work under limited supervision.
3. Ability to communicate articulately and accurately both verbally and in writing in the area of ambulatory medical management.
4. Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the workload.
5. Demonstrate a consistent level of performance; maintain a steady level of productivity.
6. Demonstrate effective social and communicative ability, and convey information appropriately.
7. Demonstrate an even temperament, positive demeanor, and work well with others.
8. Demonstrate accurate record keeping and documentation of work performance.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016, Diversity, Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at//antheminc.com/careers//. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Senior Housing (IL) Nurse Practitioner- Las Vegas, NV-133626
Location: NV-Las Vegas
Requisition ID: 133626
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.