About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a Senior HR Associate with strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills. The HR Generalist will provide functional expertise, support and guidance to business unit leaders. This person will be responsible for providing tactical HR support and value added services to business leaders locally as required and to support business goals and objectives aligned with firm-wide strategies.Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Maintain business literacy to understand needs, plans, culture and competition
- Represent the HR function by communicating and supporting philosophies, processes, policies, and capabilities to business unit leaders while balancing multiple projects/tasks at once
- Provide daily hands-on human resources expertise to the business in the areas of employee relations, recruiting and on-boarding, employee development, training, and provide backup HR support to other offices as needed
- Monitor business unit compliance with internal policies and procedures and legislation
- Work with the business in resource planning including: recruiting, organizational design, job evaluation and definition and managing the performance appraisal, development, advancement and compensation processes within the business
- Manage employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and exit strategies as well as process termination checklist and IT terminations
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements of daily HR activities
- Proactively identify employee development training and compliance needs for Guggenheim Investments and work to develop methods and programs to meet the needs of the business
- Act as a contributor and a proactive agent in the development and delivery of firm diversity and inclusion programs and other HR policy guidance
- Contribute to the development of new and existing Corporate HR programs through the HR Business Partner team and delivery of those programs to the platform
- Participate with the HR Business Partner team in process improvements and annual policy review
About Guggenheim Investments
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field is required.
- The position requires a minimum of 3 years of HR generalist experience, including a solid understanding of the asset management or financial services field
- Prior experience working in the financial services/asset management business preferred
- Strong knowledge and having worked directly with all aspects of HR: recruitment, compensation, benefits, L&D, organizational design and employee relations is required
- Must be a team player and able to work across multiple functions and disciplines and possess strong collaboration skills
- Must have and maintain a knowledge of employment law and regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communications, attention to detail, and relationship building skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team a must
- Strong Word and Excel skills required
- Some travel required
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.