Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Responsible for aligning business initiatives with employees and management for defined client groups within the organization. Deliver value-added integrated solutions for Human Resources related needs including recruitment, employee relations, performance management and talent management. Provide consultative recommendations and assist in development of programs to achieve strategic objectives for both within the Human Resource function and across the organization. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values.
- Oversee the talent acquisition process within defined client groups:
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Conduct intake process for open positions and work closely with management to establish talent competencies required for successful placement of department workforce.
- Utilize applicant tracking system to manage workflow of recruitment process: sourcing resumes, track status of candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Leverage digital recruitment sourcing tools such as LinkedIn recruiter seat, external job posting integration platform, and Indeed sponsored job campaigns.
- Conducts phone screens and HR interviews.
- Acts as the primary contact for all outside placement agencies.
- Manage successful onboarding for new employees:
- Performs new hire boarding process (i.e., receipt of application, background checks, offer letters, drug testing etc.)
- Coordinates effective planning for onboarding and training.
- Deliver first-day orientations in person and via WebEx for remote employees
- Conducts 90 day check in with employees to ensure smooth transition and assimilation.
- Coordinates and maintains all areas of HR administration including but not limited to the following:
- Responds to unemployment claims.
- Tracks status of employee performance improvement plans.
- Provide reports to management on recruitment activities.
- Conducts exit interviews and coordinates off-boarding processes.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Answer general benefit questions and provide support for FMLA and STD/LTD
- Provides information to employees, managers/supervisors, and outside sources on interpretation of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Develops & implements special HR projects and initiatives.
- Assists on special projects with other departments and serves as backup to HR team as required.
- May participate as a member on other company teams or committees.
- Attends relevant HR seminars and stays up to date on changing regulations.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to establish credibility and trust with stakeholders across the organization
- Effectively communicate with business partners to achieve desired outcome
- Influence without formal authority across functions
- Demonstrate effective level of business literacy and understanding of internal client groups
- Capable of analytical thought and assessment of needs
- Ability to be resourceful, self educate, and manage projects effectively
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc: Required:
- This position has no direct reports.
- Provide informal support and guidance to teammates.
- Moderate level of independence and autonomy to make decisions within scope of role.
- BS/BA degree (in Human Resources Management or Psychology) or or equivalent degree.
- Advanced HR certificate preferred (PHR, SHRM- SCP, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources required, with strong experience in recruitment and/or employee relations preferred.
- Knowledge and operation of HRIS system, ADP product suite preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required, as well as a thorough understanding of human resources law, theory and principles.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Aesculap offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about Aesculap and to apply for this position, please visit us on the internet at www.aesculapusa.com / www.aesculapimplantsystems.com / www.aesculapbiologics.com. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.