Eaton’s Cooper Lighting located in Aurora, CO has an immediate opportunity for a Senior HR Generalist.
The Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for leading and coordinating a variety of human resource activities for hourly manufacturing and salaried employees in the areas of compensation, staffing, training, employee relations, organizational development, legal compliance, wellness and community involvement as well as driving and implementing continuous improvement actions within the HR function.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DIMENSIONS
• Support achievement of facility goals, targets and objectives.
• Maintain positive employee relations, and effectively promote Eaton Philosophy and Values.
• Implement local, divisional and corporate policies to meet the needs of a progressive plant operation.
• Provide guidance and coaching to employees on employee relations issues and other HR functional areas (benefits, payroll, etc.).
• Partner with manufacturing front line leaders to provide strategic HR guidance and direction to ensure consistent administration of policies and procedures across the facility. Work with business group to develop talent and manage employee relations issues.
• Provide excellent customer service to all levels of employees as well as external customers. Primary contact for walk-in inquiries
• Lead talent acquisition process for all positions, to include temporary employees, in addition to managing the internal job bid promotion process. This scope totals over 430 workers, including 120+ salaried team members. Ensure that the selection process is effective in selecting high quality candidates and meets or exceeds Eaton’s EEO standards. Works with leaders at all levels of the organization to establish offers and coordinate moves.
• Partner with operations leadership to ensure proper levels of staffing to meet organizational goals.
• Develop and manage effective relationships with temporary staffing agencies to meet organizational needs
• Champion the Eaton New Hire Orientation and On-Boarding Programs for all new hires/transfers.
• Administers all payroll related functions (including CUPS system interface), including addressing errors, making corrections where necessary, managing garnishments, and leave related payroll changes.
• Tracks and audits the time and attendance system for accuracy and completeness. Provides direction to supervisors when codes need to be changed or updated.
• Assist in managing the hourly training and development programs. This includes conducting the annual training needs assessment, developing the annual training plan, and assisting in the implementation and administration of training programs.
• Lead community involvement and wellness activities for the facility. Coordinates various wellness, community, and intra-plant events in order to increase employee involvement and commitment. Spearhead and support employee led teams for health and wellness, community involvement and communication.
• Drive facility employee engagement actions and culture that results in increased employee engagement and lower turnover. Support and drive action plans and training to encourage culture of recognition amongst all employees.
• Conduct periodic wage surveys and make recommendations to management for local wage structure.
• Assist HR Manager in collection and analysis of data for reports as well as organizational analysis.
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement.
• Maintain employee records and data integrity.
• Responsible for annual Affirmative Action Plan and subsequent analysis.
• Partner with EHS manager to implement and support behavioral based zero incident safety culture.
• Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
• Coordinates employee service awards, AMEX requests, JOE to all support, security badge management, and other items as assigned
• Execute special projects as assigned by HR Manager.
• Partners with the leadership team to ensure internal regulatory processes are within compliance including (but not limited to) active participation, ownership and championing of categories within MESH, EBE, OpA etc.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
• Minimum three (3) years of related HR experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of state and federal laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, workers’ compensation and labor law.
• Interpersonal communication skills: Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility within and throughout all levels of the organization; provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
• Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
• Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
• Strong analytical ability and experience incorporating data/metrics in decision making.
• Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by Eaton’s values and philosophies.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment.
• PHR/SPHR designation
• Experience in a highly matrixed organization, preferably in manufacturing
• Master’s degree in Industrial/Labor Relations, HR or related from an accredited institution
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
• Bilingual in Spanish language