Senior HR Generalist
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis, TN for a Senior HR Generalist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading human resources projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Benefits Design & Administration - Has a good understanding of benefits programs including the design, cost structure, and experience answering employee questions.
- Compensation Administration - Possesses a good understanding of pay structures and systems and how to apply that knowledge when making pay decisions. Determines job levels and slots jobs within those levels. Understands the impact of pay decisions on internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Conducting an Investigation - Experience in professionally conducting investigatory interviews, documenting the process, findings and conclusions, analyzing and interpreting data and making recommendations for a solution.
- Diversity Management - Has a thorough understanding of the spectrum of diversity as it is practiced in the organization. Has experience in implementing and administering policies related to diversity.
- Employment Law - Has a good understanding of employment laws that frequently impact the workplace. Has experience making appropriate decisions and consultation with an expert in the field.
- Human Resources Data Management - Understands Human Resources information requirements. Able to perform data quality reviews and take corrective actions to ensure data completeness and accuracy. Has a full understanding of information confidentiality requirements.
- Labor and Employee Relations - Understands the impact of employee relations on employee effectiveness. Able to implement programs and tools that influence a positive organizational culture.
- Performance Management - Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards and applies and leads others through this process.
- Labor Law - Possesses a good understanding of laws and practices affecting the relationship between labor and management.
- Staffing - Has a solid understanding of existing selection tools and effectively demonstrates the use of these tools in the staffing process.
- Communication - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
• Leads human resources business processes for a moderately complex organization or multiple functions.
• Responsible for the improvement, deployment and effectiveness of a broad range of Human
• Resources processes across the business or functional organization.
• Ensures compliance with legislative requirements and adherence with human resources policies and processes.
• Partners with managers and employees to resolve issues and concerns.
• Provides staffing and recruiting support, evaluates structure, job design and headcount forecasting, and other people data analysis; implements tactics to select and maintain a diverse workforce.
• Resolves conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on human resources matters for individuals or groups within a defined organization or function.
• Leads performance management activities, including employee development planning.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resources information systems.
• Facilitates compensation process and benefits administration by partnering with shared services and corporate human resources; develops and implements workforce compensation recommendations.
• Conducts and documents investigations for business areas or corporate functional areas.
• Manages administration of and adherence to human resources policies and procedures; advises organizational and functional leadership on compliance with key legislative requirements.
• Leads training needs assessments and participates in training activities and special projects.
• Participates in initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of human resources processes; leads specific improvement initiatives.
• Creates employment contracts as required by local law or practice.
• Coaches and mentors less experienced human resources generalists.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite applications
• Position eligible for relocation Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related is required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.