Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in accordance with Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) principles, corporate policies and procedures, and plant operations. Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, safety and health, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies of a fully integrated battery manufacturing facility. Primary Duties:
1. Conduct hourly recruitment for open positions following established process, in accordance with Affirmative Action requirements.
2. Maintain required documentation, including electronic documentation, supporting Affirmative Action, Leaves of Absence including Family Medical Leaves, Attendance, Vacation, and Positive Performance.
3. Conduct new hire onboarding and orientation using corporate standardized onboarding material
4. Create and maintain personnel records.
5. Support the administration of employee handbook or union contract
6. Assist with Plant compliance with Federal and State employment and Labor Laws
7. Provide training and support for e-tools, including HR Atlas, Workday, Sharepoint, Performance Management, and Survey Action Planning
8. Direct the efforts of outside vendors
9. Explain/interpret information
10. May direct the work of others including support staff
11. Formulate human resources projects
12. May influence and make recommendations to management.
13. Replace Human Resources Manager as required
14. Perform related duties as assigned Job Qualifications: Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or related field required
- HR experience working in a Union facility/environment is required.
- 3+ years' experience as a human resources generalist in a manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated willingness to actively pursue continuing education related to field
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.