Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
Manages processes and provides support to the human resources department, including but not limited to, staffing, compensation/benefits, labor relations, training and development, and employee relations. Relies on education, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Human Resources Manager.
- Manage hourly staffing including the maintenance of the application tool, sourcing applications, posting jobs, processing background checks, completing the staffing update, and sending rejection notices.
- Create and maintain the hourly job board
- Assist with recruitment efforts including classroom visits, career fairs, interviews, and Aramark sponsored recruiting events
- Create and maintain up-to-date hourly job descriptions
New Hire Paperwork
- Responsible for producing new hire packets, managing new hire paperwork (NHP) binder, checking all completed packets for compliance, mailing any necessary forms for credit purposes(8850), and processing new hires in HRIS (People Center)
- Create and maintain an hourly on-boarding program for all new hires
- Responsible for constantly evaluating the new hire processes and providing feedback and suggestions for simplification and streamlining policies and procedures
- Assist and understand all aspects of safety including reporting procedures, record maintenance, and workers compensation
- Help maintain a positive employee relations environment by managing employee incentive programs such as employee referral and Encore Encore recognition.
- Understand the progressive disciplinary process and assist with policy enforcement, consistency, understanding, and file maintenance.
- Partner with the HRM to participate and witness disciplinary sessions, employee roundtables, and investigations for your development.
- Responsibility for managing employee benefits including open enrollment, layoff periods, and inquiries regarding benefits
- Help coordinate and facilitate any training programs such as new and returning employee orientations, safety, operational, student manager, etc
Record Retention/File Maintenance
- Manage hourly active and terminated files and I-9 Forms in accordance with Aramark policies
- Process wage verifications
- Maintain Employee portion of location Communication board and facilitate payment for Spot Award nominations
- Order office supplies
- Compile unemployment information to TALX and participate in hearings
- Process all leave of absence requests including but not limited to FMLA, disability paperwork, medical and or personal LOA requests
- Maintain up-to-date phone list
- Process terminations
- Update and process changes to employee job title, wages, and/or personal information such as address and name changes
- Flexible work schedule nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Qualifications: Successful HR coordinators should possess effective communication and organization skills, the ability to adapt to change, and the ability to build business relations at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a related field
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.