Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager for multiple Aramark operations located in Washington, D.C Responsibilities:
The Senior Human Resources Manager will utilize solid business acumen to assertively partner with the management team regarding HR, Staffing, ER/LR, policies/procedures, compliance and general management topics. He/she is responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service through a high level of influence, execution and prioritizing of duties. The Senior Human Resources Manager will also ensure that all employees working are being treated fairly and correctly under the federal and state guidelines that have been set and that all employees have been trained properly according to corporate, state and federal guideline.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Leads positive employee relations efforts within all facilities.
- Leads Performance Review efforts in district.
- Conducts annual review of compensation plans for all hourly employees.
- Executes staffing and on-boarding processes for hourly and salary (managers, professionals and technicians) positions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate/district level policies and federal/state governmental agencies.
- Communicates benefits, policy and other HR related changes for district.
- Trains and coaches management/supervisory staff in interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, counseling, diversity, disciplinary and regulatory compliance.
- Participates with HR Team and others on corporate level projects.
- Manages and reports required HR business metrics (diversity, area labor market info, etc.).
- Maintains accurate information in electronic and paper employee records.
- Conducts wage and employment surveys within area labor market to monitor competitive wage rates and hiring trends.
- Actively engages in objective setting at facility level.
- Leads resolution of employee relations' issues and conducts investigations as necessary.
- Actively participates in safety and environmental projects as required.
- Participate in Job Fairs and campus recruiting. (Including culinary schools in the area).
- Coordinate all recruiting activities related to staffing of Concession employees and NPO's for events.
- Oversee recruitment of Non-Profit Organizations to work throughout the district.
- Performance Manage and develop direct reports.
- Initiate and process progressive disciplinary actions for all departments.
- Direct contact for employment agencies: staffing requirements, billing procedure.
- Conduct/facilitate and assist with training of hourly employees: New Hire Orientation, TEAM, HACCP, ServSafe, FOCUS, and On the Job Training.
- Attend building safety meetings and Aramark safety meetings; help develop incentives for reduction of accidents.
- Develop Hourly and NPO incentive and recognition programs to help decrease turnover.
- Meet weekly with Human Resource Managers to review updates for the H.R. Department.
- Meet with the General Managers to discuss HR issues at the locations..
- Track training and hourly paperwork; maintain current employee files for audit purposes.
- Develop and maintain Affirmative Action plans at the locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related industry required
- 8-10 years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role
- PHR/SPHR Certification desired.
- Multi-unit experience strongly preferred.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience.
- Experience with matrix reporting and multi-site responsibilities and internal Aramark processes a plus.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.