Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
Manages existing revenues and develops revenue opportunities within large and/or complex industrial accounts in an established geographical territory. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Effectively utilizes, coordinates and cultivates relationships with internal and external customers. Interacts and works cohesively with the other industrial sales team members.
- May provide direction and support to less experienced Industrial Account managers.
- Achieves or exceeds budgeted revenue goals for new business with industrial customers in assigned sales territory.
- Maintains existing base business, and identifies new waste streams and new base business customers. Targets and closes event business opportunities.
- Drives pre-tax profits through innovative pricing and contracting strategies.
- Develops comprehensive and advanced sales plan for assigned territory in conjunction with division sales plan and goals.
- Works in tandem with Technical Service Representatives to assist customers in every aspect of waste disposal process. This includes but is not limited to: waste profiling, proposal preparation, pricing, contracting, and providing regulatory updates.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of waste regulations (RCRA, TSCA, CERCLA).
- Demonstrates superior sales and organizational skills.
- Identifies local market dynamics, and defines and implements well-devised countermeasures to offset competitive campaigns, pricing deterioration, and/or changes to regulatory drivers.
- Assists in collecting receivables within contracted time period.
- Communicates competitive and market information to management to assist in business unit planning and strategies.
- Maintains firm adherence to the management and control of confidential information.
- Provides monthly sales reports, commissions and expenses on a timely basis.
- Attends industrial sales meetings and training classes as deemed appropriate.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Industrial Sales Manager.
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in a science or technical background.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Knowledge of hazardous waste requirements and DOT regulations may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.