Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 16,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa's Access Management team is looking for a talented and motivated individual with strong technical skills and the ability to rapidly learn new technologies. The Access Management team is part of Visa's Global Information Security team, chartered to protect and secure Visa's Active Directory infrastructure. We specialize in providing capabilities which enable secure business solutions by providing core identity and authentication services for Active Directory and Windows Systems. Work with the best of breed identity and access management systems. We are a global origination with teams in Singapore, UK, and throughout the US. We are looking for an exceptional candidate that shares our passion for delivering solutions to complex security problems, while maximizing productivity and minimizing employee friction. Job Description RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance the security posture of Visa by m aintaining core Access Management designs and configurations in accordance with IT Standards. Responsible for ensuring that configuration updates comply with corporate and information security standards. Maintain accurate documentation to support detail analysis and provide give technical presentations.
- Demonstrate security leadership by your interactions with stakeholders, service managers, and operational support teams to design, test, and deploy security and/or automation solutions to meet business needs.
- Partner with clients and stakeholders to grow or deliver new capabilities/solutions related to Access Management for Active Directory and Windows Systems.
- Analyze and improve existing solutions, streamline processes and recommend upgrades to Access Management services to improve end user experience and productivity.
- Provide access management and AD/Windows Systems technical guidance by designing and deploying robust, stable, and manageable services to meet business requirements on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
- Responsible for the proactive service/system monitoring of AD and Windows privileged and elevated access, including on-call support for a 24X7 operation for any Access Management Security issue.
- Participate in internal and external Audit exercises
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in an Information Technology related discipline, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Active Directory expert with demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and associated components (LDAP/Kerberos),
- Microsoft's Enhances Security Architecture Environment (EASE) - "Red Forest"
- Multi-Forest/Multi-Domain AD environments
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016,
- at least one AD Administration Platform (SCCM, Dell/Quest Change Auditor, Dell/Quest Active Role Server, etc.),
- at least one Password Vaulting Platform (Lieberman, Thycotic, CyberArk, etc.)
- Operating system security for Windows and Linux - internals and hardening with an emphasis on endpoint security
- Security generalist with meaningful experience in many of the following areas
- authentication methods - Kerberos, MFA/2FA, SSO, Federation, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and OAuth
- Identity Management - Oracle Identity Manager, SailPoint, FIM, etc.
- Identity Management - Roles, Entitlements, JML Processes, Attestation, Compliance, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of networks, including IPv6, SDN, firewalls, network security zones, etc.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, information security or equivalent job experience
- CISSP, CISA, CISM and other comparative information security certifications required
- Between 5 to 7 years Information Security experience required
- Able to learn new technologies quickly and apply standard engineering/development practices Ability to perform in fast paced environment Effectively communicate and work with local and global IT teams to drive effective and consistent computing solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.