Description: Work with a world-class team to support industry-leading Oracle Cloud services. In this role you will work with talented team of technologists responsible for maintaining Oracle's cloud services. You will be coordinating various training courses across regions and will successfully deliver Technical Training programs. Working as part of the Oracle Cloud team, you will be surrounded by "willing to help" individuals representing some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry. You will be a part of an organization that prides itself on providing training, empowerment, and career progression.
• To work closely with Training & Development Manager to identify Technical Training needs across the organization
• To conduct Technical Training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
• To focus on making all Operational services are up and running and all processes are in good shape and form
• To be able to understand and communicate the cultural aspect of the Operational environment
• To work closely with key Operational Subject matter experts and create effective Technical learning content
• To produce Technical training materials for all in-house courses and manages the delivery of Technical training and development programs and, devising a training strategy for the Oracle Cloud services
• To design Technical training manuals by identifying and describing information needs; using desktop publishing; submitting initial versions for review; revising and editing final copy.
• To evaluate training by evaluating effectiveness of training to specific job applications.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
• Manage the training program in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and Quality Management System.
Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops.
Technical Training Design & Development
• To work closely with Subject matter experts and create effective Technical learning content
• To produce Technical training materials for all in-house courses
• To manage the delivery of Technical training and development programs and, devising a training strategy for the Oracle Cloud services
• Materials/content production for events - PowerPoint slides, hand-outs, brochures
• Amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the business
• To update content keeping it up to date by working with SME's
• Maintaining Technical Training and personal Development plans for all employees.
Technical Training Delivery
• To deliver successful Technical Training programs across various teams (Application training, IT specializations, Process skills etc.)
• Responsible for application of learning technologies to transfer skills in both IT and non-It subjects.
• To facilitate and lead Technical training and deliver courses in formal (classroom), informal or online formats
• Coordinating with speakers / trainers and managing training schedule
• Establish and maintain key relationships with various stakeholders
• Acting as point of contact for administrative / logistical queries
• Identification of ongoing opportunities to improve administrative processes and the delivery of Technical training programs and make necessary recommendations to the management team
• 8-10 years of experience in a strong Operations role or Technical Writer / Trainer role in IT Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline
• Strong methodological experience within Operations environment, who is fundamentally an expert in Operations filed.
• Need to have some kind of exposure in Productional Operations area with fine line accountability to keep customer services up and running
• Possesses strong understanding of real world experience and who has passion for Operations
• Possess some experience in Public Cloud Operations, open source is helpful
• Proficiency in learning new enterprise software technologies
• Comfortable leading live web-based and in person training sessions
• Proven expertise applying adult learning models and methodologies to design action-oriented interactive and engaging content outlines, storyboards and simulations
• Ability to create high quality documentation with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent presentation and listening skills
• Strong communication skills - proficiency in writing, proofreading / editing and verbal communication
• Certificate in Adult Education/Learning is an asset
• Experience of working within a Technical Training function
• Strong background in Technical training and Development cycle
• Knowledge of Training and Development techniques and good understanding and demonstration of training needs analysis and career development principles
• Collaborative skills across a diverse and global virtual team
• Understanding of e-learning, where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages
• Knowledge of Application architecture & IT Operations
• Must have in-depth knowledge of software technologies
• Successful Technical Training delivery experience
• LAMP stack is desirable with APACHE skills
• Basic Oracle Technologies - Oracle database and Web logic Technologies
Customizes and delivers education services to external customers.
The Senior Consultant/Instructor is responsible for the success of their assigned Oracle project/training events and committed to superior customer service. They are expected to participate in the development of plans for continuous personal and professional growth. The Senior Consultant/Instructor is expected to master new services, technology and internal processes shortly after their implementation. Manage aspects of the customer event (i.e. instruction, application implementation, environment, setup etc.) to ensure success. Produce quality deliverables on a project (i.e. assessments, communication, curriculum development, Tutor, eLearning). Demonstrate the ability to teach new technical material, deliver new offerings and services, and/or implement new Oracle Applications modules with minimal preparation time and guidance. Meet utilization targets. Travel as needed.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent functional or professional experience preferred. Has obtained one or more industry recognized certifications (OCP, CPA, CPIM). Has 2 plus years technical or professional experience using Oracle products or related software. Has 2 plus years consulting experience or experience teaching adult learners. This position is hourly and eligible for overtime.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.