Senior Insurance Analyst- Corporate Risk & Insurance Management
IBM's Risk & Insurance Management department is seeking an experienced professional to join this global CoE as a key contributor. Situated within CHQ Treasury, Risk & Insurance's mission is to support IBM's business objectives by identifying and addressing pure risks to prevent the likelihood of any risk events occurring and deploying the five risk management strategies of loss prevention, risk avoidance, loss mitigation, and contractual risk transfer and purchasing of insurance being the last resort. These strategies minimize the financial impact of loss events and are tailored to IBM's risk appetite. Pure risks are loss events that impact physical assets and any liability IBM may incur in conducting business.
The team has global responsibility for all IBM's global property / casualty risk and insurance programs including all in country placements. This role is highly visible within the IBM organization as the team engages with IBM's Sr. Executive team, leaders of all IBM business units and throughout the organization of the firm; (i.e. Legal, HR, Corp. Security, Flight Operations, Fleet Management, Accounting, Communications, Finance, Integrated Supply Chain/ Global Logistics, Procurement, Corporate Audit, country CFO's, Tax, Real Estate & Treasury).
For this role, an insurance industry experienced applicant with casualty and/or property and/or Financial Products insurance focus with multi-national corporations, and who is a creative & sophisticated subject matter expert in identifying risk scenarios & applying the risk management strategies in direct communication throughout the IBM organization. Effective and flawless execution of the role is vital given timing with attention to details in documentation is critical to the success of the IBM Corporation's global risk management program.
To ensure the continuing high performance of this department, job role includes:
- Support of global facilitation of all Risk Management initiatives
- Insurance language reviews in customer contracts
- Property and/or Casualty insurance exposure collection & program management support
- Support to Risk Manager of all aspects of global insurance placements; including risk analysis, specification preparation, exposure consolidation, cost analysis,
- Insurance policy T&C review for accuracy
- Support in the preparation of insurance program presentations to senior management
- Engagement with IBM Corporate Legal teams as well as TPA's to support claim reporting processes and coverage determination per loss event
-Assist Risk Managers and VP on special projects
Technical Expertise: 4 Yr BA degree in Liberal Arts, Finance or Business. Minimum 4 yrs experience working either as risk & insurance management professional at a Fortune 500 company with global operations, and/or working for one of the top 3 global insurance brokerage firms; as a global casualty broker (or casualty claims professional on multiple casualty lines) or financial product lines (D&O/Fiduciary/EPLI) or global property broker.
Above experience must include having worked for minimum of 1 yr for or engaged on behalf of an insurance brokerage firm on global technology industry clients with multinational insurance programs.
Fluent in English: With excellent communications skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- 1 year experience engaged with risk identification, or placement of Cyber /professional liability, media and security coverages preferred
- ARM, CPCU or Legal degree
- Highly Skilled in Excel/Microsoft/Word/Powerpoint
Must be legally entitled to work in USA.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.