Job Location: Cary, NC
The Senior Engineer is responsible for research, evaluation, design, engineering and implementation of MetLife’s enterprise middleware integration platforms. Provides subject matter expertise across multiple integration technologies such as IBM Integration Bus (IIB), WebSphere Message Queue (WMQ), Cast Iron, API Connect, and WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX). Offer innovative solutions to enhance platform stability, usability and cost effectiveness.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of middleware integration platform development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility as inputs into the evolution of the integration technology roadmap
- Promote and utilize automation to design and support configuration management, orchestration, and maintenance of the integration platforms
- Plan, evaluate, recommend and provide well documented instructions and scripts to operations engineers for the implementation and support of platform currency (version upgrades)
- Provide technical support to application developers and operations support staff, including the promotion and use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and trouble shooting
- Design and implement complex integration solutions globally through collaboration with engineers, architects, and application teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline strongly preferred
- 5+ years of direct technical experience on infrastructure architecture, design and implementation best practices and hands-on administrative experience with at least two of the following products or appliances: WMQ, IIB, Cast Iron, WTX or API Connect, on Linux or AIX platforms
- 2+ years’ developing solutions to automate configuration management, orchestration and maintenance of infrastructure platforms with 2+ years’ experience in the planning, implementation, support and management of Cloud solutions and technologies
- Accomplished highly motivated and results driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Technical leadership, ability to think strategically and effectively communicate solutions to various levels of management
Group Technology – Infrastructure Engineering
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 41783
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.