Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen to join our team as a Senior Integration Engineer. The Senior Integration Engineer is a key member of the integration team who provides guidance, consultation, and best practices during the integration phases of a project.PayPal
is doing so many great things to help shape the future of money. Our collaboration with Global Strategic Partners and Large Enterprise Merchants are paving the way to introduce innovative, fintech offerings on Commerce platforms and enabling seamless experiences for mobile, online, and in-store.
The PayPal Professional Services
team is responsible for providing technical consulting and integration services for the implementation of PayPal's payment, identity and platform capabilities, as well as representing the wider product set available to major global partners and merchants. The Senior Integration Engineer
is a key member of the integration team who provides guidance, consultation, and best practices during the integration phases of any project. We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen. As the Integration Engineer, we look for you to use your technology and business intelligence to help merge the multitude of APIs and experiences to create solutions our consumers and merchants will love. You will interface and work closely with our customers, partners or merchants, and key internal stakeholder teams such as Product, Engineering, Risk, Compliance, Identity, etc. to address specific integration requirements or new product features. Travel requirements are minimal. Responsibilities
- Interacts directly with our clients, merchants, partners and developers to understand and articulate business requirements and how best to implement our PayPal solutions, while adhering to PayPal guidelines and company policies.
- Act as main technical point of contact for all implementation-related activities throughout the integration effort. Facilitate setting up test accounts, provide technical development and coding support, and guide the client through testing and pre-launch activities.
- Be the "Voice of the Customer" and relay constructive feedback to Product Managers, Engineering, Technology and other internal groups on ease of use and new functionality. Work with internal teams on any required feature enhancements or to address any solution gaps.
- Work in collaboration with Solution Engineers and Solution Architects to integrate proposed PayPal solutions into the client ecommerce platforms.
- Works with key internal stakeholders, including Product Management, Risk, Payments, etc. to address specific customer business requirements or new product features.
- Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all aspects of a partner or merchant launch are managed
- Ensures partners implement optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in finance and computer science.
- 4+ years of experience with Internet and mobile Technologies (REST, SOAP, NVP, HTML/HTTP, JS, Web services)
- 4+ years of experience with two or more major programming languages (C++, ASP, Java, .NET, PHP, COM).
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Ability to successfully interact and dynamically adapt to communication styles with all levels of client organizations including C-level executives, middle management, finance and operations, technical/IT staff, and line personnel.
- Less than 10% domestic travel. International travel is not expected.
- 2+ years of experience with Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline), especially with ecommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors is highly valued.
- Broad understanding of technical concepts and payment processing as it relates to company products and integration.
- Strong presentation skills (Presenting to Business units and Technical teams)
- Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents.
- Ability to quickly assess and troubleshoot most integration issues
- Effective time management skills to work with multiple external customers concurrently.
- Self -learner for most of the topics on new products with proficiently designs solutions and deliver integrations with both off the shelf and customized products.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.