Join a team of wildly talented designers defining the user experience of an end-to-end ecosystem of software and services for tax accountants and their clients.
As a Senior Interaction Designer
in the Intuit ProConnect Group, spend time meeting, learning from and being inspired by our customers, and collaborate with and contribute to an international team based in Plano, Texas. Responsibilities:
You must embrace:
- You will coordinate your efforts with designers and design leaders across products and platforms that serve our consumer, self-employed and small business customers.
- You'll tightly collaborate with product managers, developers, researchers, marketers, and other user experience peers across Intuit.
- You'll deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize user needs, business goals, and technological realities across platforms.
- You'll start with user experience visions, visual and interaction design systems, prototypes and more at various levels of fidelity. (i.e. whiteboard to paper sketches to wireframes to InVision)
- You'll test and iterate ideas using prototypes to rapidly experiment with customers.
- You'll create, visualize and present your ideas effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers.
- You'll use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for our customers and the business. Teaching and inspiring others to want to work with you.
- You'll own your outcomes by partnering with product manager and development peers, sweating the details to deliver experiences that delight our customers.
- Connecting with and designing for customers, emotionally.
- Identifying problems worth solving - then solving them, strategically
- Collaborating with interaction designers, product managers and developers to deliver big, bold, and smart.
- Agile, experiment-driven development.
- Communicating, presenting, negotiating, and delivering awesome work we're all proud of.
- Four-year degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or other relevant field. Graduate degree a plus.
- 4+ years of interface design experience in delivering customer-inspired and customer-recommended products; experience with SaaS and mobile products a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research. Seasoned in Agile development processes.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
- Expertise with design tools such as InVision, Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator and skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes (whiteboards, sharpie-on-post-it) to share with users in a fast, iterative manner.
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions; understanding the opportunities and limitations of C#, HTML, CSS, AJAX, Swift, etc. is helpful
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Content Designer, QuickBooks Senior Interaction Designer, QuickBooks Principal Interaction Designer Senior Digital Designer Content Strategist See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.