Come join the Site Reliability Engineering Team at Intuit as a Senior Software Engineer.
Site Reliability Engineering works to ensure that TurboTax and other Intuit products are highly-available and offer world-class performance, year-round and under the demanding peak traffic days of tax season.
The team is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer with a passion for making applications and services fast and reliable. If you take pride in solving hard engineering problems, automating everything, and making systems that scale and never fail, come join our team. Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing web applications, backend services, build and test automation, prototyping, and data visualization
- Complete ownership and accountability for the quality, reliability, and performance of our applications and services, including production on-call support shifts, construction of monitoring solutions, improving deployment automation, etc.
- Automate everything, then do whatever else it takes to make sure our systems are bulletproof and super-fast, such as upgrading existing services with Hystrix or building in canary release automation
- Creating reusable libraries and patterns in an open-source contribution model
- Supporting and coaching other engineers, pair programming or peer reviewing code, helping to ensure that all engineers are growing and part of a community
- Help us with our mission of getting a pull request to production within 45 minutes while maintaining the highest quality standards
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience creating applications that operate in AWS, utilizing native AWS services when appropriate, and building stacks using CloudFormation
- Experience with web application development using RESTful services, Jersey Framework and JAX-RS
- Mastery of collaborative software development using GitHub
- Good understanding of MVC patterns and familiarity with technologies such as Angular JS, React JS, Backbone JS, ExtJs, Ember and Knockout
- Hands on experience creating responsive web applications using modern CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices such as Agile/Iterative development, test-driven development
- Reviewable open-source contributions would be a plus
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Staff Software Engineer Principal Problem Manager Backend Java Developer Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer, Distributed Systems See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.