The Senior Auditor leads the planning and executing of various financial, operational and compliance audits, including but not limited to, internal control reviews designed to identify potential efficiencies, control enhancements and process improvement opportunities. Oversees project team members as they execute the audit and provides coaching/feedback to team members.Job Responsibilities
- Leads the development of audit objectives, scope and audit programs through a risk assessment of the business process being reviewed.
- Leads the execution of financial, operational, and compliance audits through inquiry, observation and testing. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Able to independently identify risks in a given process and exercise independent judgment.
- Documents testing in automated workpapers.
- Communicates the progress of audits to the Manager/Director on a timely basis. Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, collaborates with project management to adjust audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies and documents audit findings, and effectively communicates, as identified, to supervisor,. Escalate audit findings to Manager/Director.
- Prepares written communications, including the audit report, client correspondence, memos, and other working papers that document the scope, procedures performed, findings, and conclusions.
- Assists with post-audit follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions taken.
- Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve client satisfaction.
- Coordinates internal audit activities with external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage and reduce duplication of efforts.
- Sets and adheres to detailed project timelines including concrete project milestones. Communicates deviations from timelines to management when identified.
- May oversee auditors on a project basis and reviews working papers and files for accuracy and completeness.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25* countries and employ more than 400,000* people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200* stores in 11* countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390* distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world's largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing, OR Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of financial/operational or information technology auditing experience in a public accounting firm, OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Computer Science or MIS.
- Master's degree in Accountancy, MIS or MBA.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing; information technology auditing; AND/OR financial/operational or information technology auditing experience in a public accounting firm.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System's Auditor (CISA).
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Distribution industry
- Knowledge of statistical sampling procedures as they relate to conducting of audits.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Knowledge of internal control concepts (COSO and/or COBIT) and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, Mandarin, Hindu)