Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
- Develops an engagement plan prior to fieldwork by analyzing business unit and/or headquarters and field information.
- Reviews analytical and other information with staffauditors during planning process prior to their performance of fieldwork.
- Performs audit work efficiently and effectively in accordance with the audit programs established.
- Documents audit procedures performed which support audit conclusions in workpapers.
- Exercises judgment and creativity when performing audit projects which are not guided by the pre-established audit programs.
- May supervise a staff internal auditor or auditors on a particular engagement.
- Drafts audit reports which are meaningful and in a clear and concise format for report users.
- Ensures that audit issues are adequately supported in the workpapers.
- Submits completed workpapers and a draft audit report to the Director, Audit Manager or Supervisor for review.
- May review the work performed by subordinates assigned, when necessary.
- Performs closing conferences; effectively communicates with headquarters, front line and district personnel by emphasizing the value to the auditee of the audit findings which result from high quality testwork performed.
- Clears audit recommendations with headquarters, front line, district and regional management and obtains responses to audit recommendations, when required.
- Presents to management and clears additional audit findings as a result of supervisory review of the workpapers.
- Identifies instances of infrequently occurring transactions or events which arise during the course of the audit and informs the Supervisor, Audit Manager or Director of appropriate alternative audit procedures to be performed.
- Proposes to the Audit Manager or Directors updates/changes to the audit program, when warranted.
- Advises the Supervisor, Manager or Director of the performance of audit staff assigned under the senior's responsibility.
- Obtains an in-depth understanding of field and financial operations, thereby increasing the value to the company and business unit of the internal audit process.
- Performs projects which evaluate the internal controls of a given environment to ensure that financial systems and operational and compliance processes are properly controlled.
- Responsible for ensuring that such audit work is thoroughly and clearly documented and for preparing the audit report to communicate the results of such work to interested parties.
- Performs review work at the end of each quarter in accordance with quarterly review objectives
- May perform the year-end balance sheet audit of a particular business unit or assist Aramark's independent outside auditors in the audit of the year-end financial statements
- Participates in other special projects when required, including Audit & Control Services involvement in Aramark's work to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Performs bonus audits and travel and entertainment expense report audits
- Position requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting.
- CPA, CIA, or equivalent is preferred.
- Three to five years of previous auditing and/or accounting experience is required; public accounting experience is preferred.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.