‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is the global J&J organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. Within the Janssen Supply Chain, Product Management is responsible for assessing & integrating new business opportunities, successfully launching new products, ensuring their availability, and optimizing the supply chain performance throughout the product life cycle.
The Senior Inventory Manager is a Global role responsible for the End-to-End JSC Inventory.
This leader works very closely together with the End-to-End and site Planning Teams and other Global functions (Make, Source, Deliver) to ensure inventory levels are optimized and obsolescence is minimized. As such, he/she fulfills a critical position to ensures business objectives are realized and in line with long range financial plan commitments.
The Senior Manager will direct the development and implementation of inventory policies (MEIO – multi-echelon inventory optimization) and standardization of inventory related processes. He/she will lead the inventory governance structure to ensure cross-functional alignment. Furthermore, the leader will be instrumental in sustainably decreasing JSC inventory destructions.
This individual will work closely with the sites and global functions (Make/Source/Deliver) to create the global inventory plan/targets during yearly business planning and strategic planning. He/she will lead the monthly actual inventory reviews and provide a gap analysis versus global inventory targets.
The senior manager will play an expert roll and as such train and embed MEIO in the organization.
This role is responsible for directing the integrated supply chain inventory, segmentation strategies and setting / governing inventory policies and parameters
- Ensures optimization of our inventory, supports inventory trade off decisions with relevant analytics in close partnership with finance, source, …
- Directs the development and implementation of inventory policies, and drives standardization of inventory related processes
- Supports identification of inventory management opportunities that improves business outcomes through cost reduction, cost avoidance, and process improvements on a cross functional level
- Leads cross-functional Inventory Governance Structure
- Drives optimization actions for SLOB and destructions
- Leads the global inventory plan during business planning and strategic long range financial planning (short and long term)
- Leads SLOB and inventory benchmark activities and aligns strategic plans to achieve benchmark goals
- Plays an expert role and provides inventory training to the JSC organization. He/she will be an active member of the J&J Supply Chain Inventory Center of Excellence (CGT) team
- Is accountable for people/talent development for the global inventory team
University Bachelor`s Degree or equivalent. MBA or equivalent preferred. Supply Chain Certification (APICS) desirable
- 10+ Years related experience of which several years in inventory management
- Experience with multi-echelon SC planning
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Experience in working in international teams
- Experience in people-management
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to develop, coach and guide a team in the execution, strategies and realization of functional and company goals.
- A strong communicator with to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels of the organization in both written & oral forms
- Ability to lead through influencing in a matrix organization
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of best practices and benchmarks, corporate objectives, and resource availability to identify and prioritize continuous improvement projects
- Demonstrates ability to apply leading edge benchmark approaches to drive inventory optimization decisions in the business.
- Good understanding of Multi-echelon inventory optimization processes and technologies.
Preferred locations: Beerse, Belgium; Raritan, US; Zug, Switzerland
up to 30% travel
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.