Senior Investment Strategist, Vice President, Wealth Management
Senior Investment Strategist is responsible for structuring the portfolios of high net worth clients utilizing an open architecture platform for both trust and investment agency accounts, and for maintaining meaningful client contact. The successful applicant will thrive in team-based fiduciary environment, working closely with the trust officer, wealth advisor, and private banker and other internal colleagues to reach comprehensive client solutions. The Investment Strategist has a direct involvement in business development is expected to work effectively alone or as part of a team to successfully achieve, and preferably exceed, new business goals. Active participation in client and events and community involvement is expected.
Successful incumbents possess ethics and value, outstanding listening, communication and presentation skills and a strong knowledge of Wealth Management. Incumbents possess the ability to articulate effectively on financial and investment related subjects, knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, risk controlled asset allocation and cash flow analysis and understanding the global economy, global financial markets and investment implications of specific events and data. The role requires proficiency in standard software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and systems capability, along with strong organizational and problem solving skills, and a drive for results.
* Maintain and promote organizational and ethical norms in internal and external business conduct.
* Maintain a current understanding of Comerica's Investment Policy Committee's outlook, asset allocation guidelines.
* Manage an existing book of business in accordance with each client's investment policy statement, consistent with Comerica's asset allocation and investment policy guidelines.
* Maintain thorough understanding of Comerica's proprietary strategies and open architecture platform.
* Maintain knowledge of domestic and international financial markets.
* Maintain a working knowledge of the current financial regulatory environment, fiduciary standards and current and proposed tax laws.
* Apply the Consultative Investment Management Process to client accounts, including the use of cash flow analysis, risk controlled asset allocation analysis, the generation of an investment policy statement, and proposal as well as incorporating only approved products and investment managers and conducting quality client reviews consistent with goals based investing.
* Develop and execute a comprehensive transition plans for a new client's investments.
* Communicate regularly with clients to remain updated on relevant personal and financial issues, utilizing this information to form investment management decisions.
* Develop, maintain and grow client relationships.
* Actively participate in community organizations to build referral networks and source new business opportunities.
* Achieve sales production goals.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel is not required of this position.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited university
* 10 years investment experience
* 10 years Investment Management Strategies and Products experience
* 5 years portfolio management
* 3 years of experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled