A new team is being setup to build and launch a new exciting service within Verizon. We are looking for the brightest developers to join us for this great opportunity. As part of this team, you will be working in a startup mode with the latest technology to deploy a state-of-the-art service.
We are looking for experienced, curious, and enthusiastic individuals with design and coding experience, who can carry ideas/concepts through the analyzes and evaluation then develop, test, deploy and support complex software systems.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with server teams to define, design, and ship new services
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Six or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with agile software development methodology
- Working experience in iOS development
- Experience with scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Self-starter, ability to gather requirements and provide solutions
- Published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- A deep familiarity with XCODE, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch
- Working experience with Swift, or a strong desire to learn it
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience working with remote data via Network connection to servers over TCP
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Extra credit for WatchOS or Cocoa application development experience
- Provide high level verbal and written communications such as design documents, presentation, decision documents, or research papers.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.