Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Senior IT Architect - Middleware Platform ServicesLocation: Southboro, MA
Dell Information Technology is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000+ across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.General Summary:
The Senior IT Architect is responsible for a broad range of technical administration functions required to support middleware technologies for application systems installed on a multi-tiered hardware and Operating System (Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows). Middleware technologies include, but not limited to Application servers, web servers, caching, messaging, search technologies, etc. Responsibilities include application architecture, build, support, troubleshooting of middleware tiers (application S/W and settings, etc).
In addition, the Senior IT Architect will be responsible for supporting tools and applications used by development teams such as automated test tools, performance testing and monitoring tools, source/version control tools, request management, etc. Act as a first point of contact for any technical issue and triage issues between different tiers (storage, OS, network, security, application, database, end-user, etc.). Act as the "go-to" person for troubleshooting complicated issues.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, install, configure and administer Middleware stacks of production and non-production environments
- Act as a custodian of application stack and ensure application availability, usability and optimum performance
- Define various application SLA parameters and ensure; communicate SLA compliance at regular interval to application stakeholders
- Supervise application ''Responsibilities'', user access and all security elements within the application
- Develop processes, architecture, and tools for improved system availability or operational efficiency
- Document standards, solutions, data flows, procedures, and other technical information as directed; establish and document standard configuration settings for all layers of the technology stack
- Improve supportability and sustainability of solutions; define and drive technological roadmap for assets supported by team
- Define performance test cases and various use case scenarios; troubleshoot testing issues and analyze test results; troubleshoot complex technical issues at any/all level of the application technology stack
- Define plan and perform environment refresh, change management and release management and configuration management duties for Middleware application stack
- Work with third-party vendor and service providers, on-site and remote, to provide support to critical production assets
- Mentor members of the technical staff
- Experience with middleware (app services) platforms (JBoss, Tomcat, IIS, apache, NGINX)
- Good knowledge of application architecture tied to platform and infrastructure
- Must have experience in Akamai caching or comparable CDN technologies
- Must have experience in Redis /Varnish cache
- Must have experience is messaging systems like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Experience working with JMS, Web Services, Java and JVM Internals
- Background in Linux and/or Windows scripting
- Good knowledge of scripting and automation of installation/setup
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or Master's degree with 6+ years relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience in build, deploy and support of Middleware technologies
- Ability to effectively share technical information with less experienced or knowledgeable co-workers
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving & planning skills
Why work with us?
- Experience in scripting for deployment using Puppet is a plus
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R18106
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.