Symantec Corporate Risk Assurance (CRA) is currently recruiting a Senior IT Auditor to assist with leading IT risk assessments and internal audits, conducting internal investigations, and performing a variety of other IT risk assurance projects. This position provides the successful candidate with an ideal opportunity to help management improve its control environment and business processes.
The right individual for this role needs to have demonstrated ability and experience in leading or co-leading IT operational, compliance audits, Integration or Divestiture related IT reviews together with the relationship building skills, interacting regularly with Management to clearly communicate and articulate valuable business insights.
This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit and is based in Tempe, AZ.Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in risk assessments, scoping, and planning activities for a variety of internal audit projects and assurance activities
- Develops audit work programs and testing procedures that are relevant to risk and test objectives
- Conduct IT operational and business process reviews throughout Symantec's global operations.
- Executes audit fieldwork autonomously and ensure audit conclusions are well documented and supported in accordance with audit work programs, and makes improvement recommendations to management
- Drafts clear and meaningful findings, high quality audit reports, presentations, and other materials for Sr. Management and the Board
- Coordinates all audit efforts with business process owners, regional management, and global audit teams
- Builds collaborative and trusting relationships with auditees, management, and other cross-functional stakeholders (GSO, Privacy, IT, PCI etc.)
- Performs data analytics to identify trends, anomalies, and areas of focus for audits and investigations
- Participates in Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities and/or other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the fields of information systems audit, risk assurance, IT consulting & Advisory (Preferably "Big 4")
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in information systems/computer science business, accounting, or related fields.
- One or more relevant professional certifications preferred (CISA, CISSP etc.)
- Adept with the various IT industry standards, COSO's integrated framework, ISO, and NIST etc.
- Have relevant auditing skills and experience in Oracle/SAP ERP applications, Salesforce, Cloud Environments, automation & reporting tools, IT Infrastructure, implementation reviews etc. with strong understanding of fundamental business processes, risks, controls, and underlying accounting requirements (e.g., Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report etc.)
- Experience with data analytics (Business Objects, Hyperion, etc.) and computer assisted audit tools (ACL, Idea, etc.) preferred
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal English skills. Ability to facilitate discussions with senior management regarding audit findings and implementation of corrective actions
- Able to work cross-functionally, and across regions/geographies, to build strong interpersonal relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills and ability to manage multi-projects with prioritization.
- Highly detail oriented, with a strong propensity for high quality work product
- Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams
- Some travel may be required
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.