Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
MetLife’s internal audit Global Data Analytics and Governance team is looking for a high performing senior auditor who can help advance coverage for data risks globally by supporting data governance audits and integrating with business and IT audit teams. The candidate should be passionate about data, should be a self-starter and should have a successful track record in the IT audit space.
- Deliver and participate in audit reviews to ensure that all technology and data risks are anticipated, identified, recognized, and appropriately managed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives. Audit activities include reviewing business, data or IT processes / practices, contributing to or preparing reports with an overall audit opinion and associated findings, and participating in developing issue resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with MetLife Policy & Procedures, regulatory standards, industry best practices, procedural efficiency, risk management, and IT compliance to Risk and Security, where applicable.
- Execute audit assignments as part of the team, or independently for less complex or routine activities, using industry / regulatory standards and knowledge of MetLife’s businesses and operations.
- Participate in and / or manage projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within budget and agreed timelines (and explaining variances).
- Act as a primary client contact and manage the client relationship including communicating findings and resolutions to Senior Management and tracking the audit findings to closure.
- Undergraduate degree required in Computer Science, Accounting, or Management Information Systems along with the desired experience
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in IT audit, public accounting or the financial service industry
- Intermediate experience in being able to multi-task various ongoing activities and engagements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening and interviewing skills
- Competent knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards and Corporate Internal Audit standards
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Intermediate understanding of IT general controls, Systems Development Life Cycle, operating system and database platforms, networks, IT governance processes, IT Risk Management assessment processes, IT application controls, Information Security frameworks, and COBIT principles, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Certified as, or working towards a CIA, CPA, CISA, CISM or CISSP designation
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 58782
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.