Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com .
The mission of the Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance services designed to add value to the Company by supporting the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in fulfilling its oversight role. The Audit Department helps the Company accomplish its objectives by applying a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes and promoting a strong control environment. The Department analyzes the development, sale, marketing and operational administration of insurance and investment products, the preparation of financial statements and disclosures, as well as reviews compliance with complex legal and regulatory requirements.
An opportunity is currently available for an experienced information technology audit professional within our Internal Audit Department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, highly diversified financial environment to assess risk, and plan and execute audits. As an information technology auditor, this individual will have the opportunity to perform audits of general system and application controls and information technology processes, as part of the Operational, Risk, and Technology Audit group. He/she will leverage knowledge of systems and data to enhance the audits in technology areas across Prudential’s businesses. The position participates in all aspects of the audit including the planning, control analysis, testing, issue development and reporting phases. This individual will be expected to engage in dialogue with management and various control partners to identify and assess risks and controls. Qualifications:
The ideal candidate should have 3 - 6 years of information technology audit experience. A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred. "Big 4" public accounting experience is a plus. Requirements include:
- Prior experience in auditing general application controls including application change management, information security, and business continuation.
- Financial Services or Investment Management industry background preferred.
- Solid understanding of the COSO framework, risk assessment, control analysis and audit methodologies as well as experience and knowledge in auditing digital technologies and capabilities is preferred
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a matrix environment
- Experience in developing computer assisted audit techniques and using data analysis software (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to effectively and confidently discuss audit issues with management and develop business-focused recommendations to strengthen controls is essential
- Experience working effectively both independently as well as in a team environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to partner effectively with management, external auditors and control partners
- Certification including one or more of: CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM are a plus, but not required
This position is based in Newark, New Jersey; however may require travel. Travel can be 5-10%