Johnson & Johnson is looking for a leader that will be responsible for the Visualization, Reporting and Advanced Analytics (Machine learning, R, NLP) aspects of our Data & Analytics strategy to transform our Supply Chain IT capabilities across all sectors. This roles preferred location is in Somerville, New Jersey, other sites in North America will also be considered.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The scope of the role will include the identification and deployment of innovative and flexible data analytics technologies to identify business insights to achieve our strategic enterprise supply chain business objectives. The Senior IT Manager will collaborate with IT peers, Business Product Owners, Application Services and Global Technology Services to apply Enterprise technology and development capabilities to deliver solutions that rapidly meet business needs. The role is responsible for collaborating with senior business partners and leading teams to shape needs align roadmaps and deliver a portfolio projects with Agile delivery teams.
- Lead the identification and development of innovative and flexible analytics Visualization & Reporting capabilities to provide strategic insights to our business to drive performance, growth and competitive advantage.
- Partner with business product owners to define the IT capabilities, build roadmaps, establish project portfolio, prioritize backlog and deliver the solutions utilizing an Agile delivery model.
- Provide technology leadership to influence and apply enterprise architecture to accelerate our ability to meet current business needs, to scale and to adapt to dynamic business needs.
- Provide technology leadership in the area of analytics visualization to shape and design solutions and deliver effective user-centric and intuitive analytics tools and dashboards.
- Drive self-service analytics models and solutions.
- Attract, develop and retain top talent and build a high performing team and culture.
- Manage team of resources who work with the business to shape Data and Analytics requirements and deliver solutions utilizing Agile IT sprint cycles.
- Map out complex business processes to serve as reference for development of analytics solutions and advocates for business process simplification where appropriate to deliver robust and cost effective solutions.
- Oversee progress of work in multiple Agile Scrum work streams.
- Coordinate work streams, activities and initiatives across Product Lines as needed.
- Write, manage, and clarify complex story points or assist Leads and Senior Analysts with the task.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met, oversee documentation activities and participate in compliance activities as required.
- Ensure successful business product owner engagement and completion of user acceptance testing.
- Accountable for application support of Data Analytics platforms via Service Level Management with Application Service teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related technical field (operations research) required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with strong business analytics and Visualization IT experience required
- Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory and people management experience preferred
- Experience in the Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industries with strong business acumen required, and Supply Chain knowledge/experience preferred
- Proven experience building and maintaining business warehouse and analytics capability required
- Proven experience deploying business analytics tools, business intelligence and visualization solutions in direct support of business functions required
- Demonstrated success applying Visualization/Reporting tools (eg. Tableau, Cognos, Qlikview, Qliksense, Bobj, Spotfire) and advanced analytical tools (eg. R, Machine learning, NLP, simulation & optimization) over Big data sets to deliver insights with positive business impact required
- Must have Agile experience
- Demonstrated Business Relationship management and experience partnering with operating company business partners to develop plans and deliver solutions required
- Must have Project Management experience
- Must have the ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner required
- Must have a strong aptitude for empirical research to answer challenging questions with data
- Applied experience with big data platforms such as Amazon Web Services Red shift & E3, Cloudera, and Teradata Data preferred
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple franchises in a matrix environment to get results preferred
- Experience working with external partners, customers and data providers preferred
- Experience working with Application Services and key vendors preferred
- Demonstrated working experience with advanced analytics, statistical analysis and predictive modelling preferred
- Experience with unstructured Big Data preferred
- Experience with Mobile Analytics preferred
- This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America, North America-Canada, North America-United States-Puerto Rico, North America-United StatesOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
IT ManagementRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.