& Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior IT Manager, Consumer and CMD
Regulatory, Medical, Clinical PLO. This is a position with global
focus and can be based in either Skillman, NJ or Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson and Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson and Johnson
Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based
manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related
services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics.
Johnson and Johnson Inc. markets
innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound
care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and
trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare
At Johnson and Johnson Inc. our purpose is to "Bring
Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing consumers with
some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including;
JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand
Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM®
and many more.
The Consumer Strategic Plan outlines an aggressive growth agenda
with very clear Where to Play choices, and How to Win
capabilities identified. The New Way of Marketing (NWOM) was
established as a core How to Win strategy to make brand building a clear
source of competitive advantage, enabling us to achieve scale in our marketing
investment and productivity gains by driving consistent multi-region creation
and execution of big global ideas across our Mega Brands. As part of
that, Digital is firmly rooted as a priority capability that we must
advance in order to help make us a world class brand building
This position is responsible
for global IT technical strategy development for the Consumer Regulatory,
Medical, Clinical, Toxicology, Human and Consumer Use Testing groups, as well
as the Diabetes and Vision Care businesses of Consumer Medical Device. The role provides oversight and direction for
multiple initiatives, driving global strategy development and implementation,
and planning, implementing, and supporting a wide variety of business and IT
initiatives across the R&D business.
The position requires an understanding of GxP R&D practices for
Product Development, R&D operations and IT platforms / capabilities and
operational support. The key focus is on
delivering strategic and innovative solutions to the business while assisting
in managing the overall demand and prioritization.
The role manages
relationships with Senior R&D leaders across Consumer and Consumer Medical
Device, and interacts with cross-sector IT leaders in shaping global IT
capabilities for R&D across Consumer, Pharma and MD. The role manages external
interactions/relationships with key IT application suppliers.
The candidate will be
required to provide subject matter expertise working directly with business
partners, CSVQA, contractors, and other J&J organizations.
- Define, ensure alignment and execute global strategies
and solutions; partner with the business to identify opportunities for using
technology as an enabler to improve, automate, simplify business processes and
optimize total cost of ownership.
Continuously manage business partner
- Conduct research on current / future technologies, processes and best practices,
benchmark with other internal J&J companies and external partners, and
determine application of new technologies in the Consumer Companies R&D
- Partner with the business to
understand and define business drivers and requirements of the initiated
program(s)/project(s). Ensure design gap
analysis and prototyping, test script authoring and execution, and deployment
activities as needed.
- Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and
written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams, and extended business
- Participate in the business planning activities by
identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the
- Drive business process improvement initiatives and
champion the change management efforts of IT initiatives within the business
- Focus on people and talent development, resource
management, and the creation of a high performing team in partnership with
direct reports. Role is expected to have
five direct reports.
- Function as a team leader for technical application
owners (TAO) of existing technologies and applications that support this
function and ensure business partners are aware of new and emerging technologies
in the consumer R&D space.
- Lead projects of medium to large complexity, and act
as Liaison between the various IT organizations to ensure successful delivery of
initiatives to the business partners.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet
expectations of the business partners.
- Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team
members, co-ops and/or consultants.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing
behaviors across IT organizational boundaries in the performance of daily work
and encourage junior associates to do the same.
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate
software, hardware, or services and make recommendations. Partnering with Vendors to ensure compliance
with J&J standards, policies and procedures
- Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the
J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Ensure that J&J information assets are
appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and
enforcing all local and worldwhide security policies.
- Ensure that security is considered and emphasized in
all IT plans and actions.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. Candidates who possess a Master’s degree are
- People leadership experience is required.
- Experience in agile methodology
is strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing
matrix-based project teams including internal resources and contractors is required.
- Experience in managing complex
global projects / processes / systems is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of IT experience is required.
- Hands-on experience supporting R&D groups are
- Hands-on disciplined project management skills are
- Working knowledge of the FDA and
its processes is preferred.
- Experience with software
validation (21 CFR Part 11) in GxP regulated environments is required.
- Hands on understanding of Design Principles (User
Interface and Business Process Mapping) is strongly preferred.
knowledge of core application development principles and SDLC methodology is
- Demonstrated ability
to lead a team and manage work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC)
from concept to production deployment is required
experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch) is required.
- Working knowledge of Regulatory, Medical, Clinical, Toxicology, Consumer
and Human Use Testing business areas is strongly preferred.
- Up to 20% travel, both domestic and international, may be
- Level of supervision needed – minimal as
significant interaction and partnering expected.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Business Relationship Management