At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Cary Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
- Leads multiple teams and parallel workstreams in delivery of quality software and technology solutions, working closely with technical teams to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
- Coordinates with partners to deliver value and realization of clear business benefits.
- Builds relationships with business and technology executives and user/customer base.
- Develops and manages project plans, work process investment plan, demand and project staging plans with business partners and shared services.
- Accountable for large projects or portfolio of projects upwards of $3 million.
- Manages teams of Program Managers, vendors, and technical leads in a highly matrixed organization.
- Identifies and coordinates heavy interdependencies to ensure timing and alignment of releases, hardware, and resources.
- Ensures communication, coordination of activities, and issue resolution amongst core team members, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Manages focused project recovery activities including quick situational analysis, needs assessment, and hands-on collaboration to bring in distressed projects and teams back on track.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and partnership with a willingness to proactively coach, facilitate, share knowledge, and be the role model and advocate for a changing technology organization.
- 7+ years related work experience successfully managing large, complex projects
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills, understands what it takes to deliver software with exposure to large-scale systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical abilities.
- Experience managing information management systems and shared service platforms
- Experience/familiarity with managing party-level data on a global scale
- Familiarity with shared service models
- Risk management
- PMP, with Agile/Lean experience
- Experience in investments, financial services industries
- Bachelor's degree or related experience required Travel
10% or less
Global Technology and Operations
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.