Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Senior Internal Controls Tech Analysts work under the limited supervision of the Internal Controls Tech Manager and assist with complex analysis of technical processes to facilitate adherence to Fannie Mae policies and formulate and develop new and modified technical process and controls. Senior Internal Controls Tech Analysts apply understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards in the area of technology processes and controls. In addition, Senior Internal Controls Tech Analysts assist, when necessary, with research and analyses requested by management. Work assignments are completed with minimal supervision from the Internal Controls Tech Manager. Work is moderate to high in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues and provide project guidance and informal coaching to Internal Controls Tech Analysts as needed.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Internal Controls Tech Analyst role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Controls Execution and Project Management Assist audit team members in understanding the key IT controls in each area; assist with Internal Audit development of the audit approach. Coordinate/partner with vendors supporting IT SOX testing, as needed.
- Take ownership and independently manage subsets of internal controls-related technology projects (with minimal oversight form Internal Controls Tech Manager).
- Conduct first-level review of Internal Controls Tech Analyst work and documentation; leverage Internal Controls Tech Manager guidance as needed.
- Conduct research for and respond to inquires from internal and external points of contact (as related to internal control matters); advise management on significant matters regarding business, internal programs and activities related to internal control technology matters. Participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of technical complexity.
- Track status of testing (to identify deficiencies) and remediation; lead monitoring status of remediation and subsequent testing. Begin to consider how the compliance and internal controls technology environment of the organization can be improved; share recommendations with the Internal Controls Tech Manager.
- People Management and Development Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to Internal Controls Tech Analysts.
- Client Relationship Management Begin building and maintaining relationships with business partner managers and staff. Provide advice and share Internal Controls knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and controls environments, as appropriate.
- Performance Measures Internal Controls Tech Manager feedback (i.e., Project Review and Coaching Notes) Peer feedback Customer feedback Budget and timeliness goals Internal controls quality standards
Certifications MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience
- MS Excel, MS Access and/or MS Project
- Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience
- Skilled in executing technology risk assessments demonstrating strong knowledge and industry best practices/frameworks (COBIT 5, ISO 27002, NIST, etc.) relating to IT processes such as cyber/information security and/or technical privacy, technical resiliency/business continuity, incident/problem management, data management, configuration/change management, and systems development/deployment (SDLC), as well as technology platforms and solutions (UNIX, Oracle, Windows, network devices, tools, etc.).
- Skilled in executing control design assessments, identifying key risks, controls and gaps, and process efficiencies while delivering comprehensive documentation of the process and controls in narrative form, supporting flow diagram, and mapping of risks and controls.
- Skilled in assessing effectiveness of key controls through varied approaches including inspection and analytics.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in creating, maintaining and interpreting technology policies, standards, and procedures, and understanding their impacts across the organization.
- Highly successful in applying critical thinking and analytical skills to help management manage risk and solve problems (e.g., analyzing root cause of issues, impact to technology and required corrective actions) and assist Internal Controls Tech Managers / Directors in redesigning business processes and/or developing solutions for business partners.
- Proven success in relationship building with management level business partners.
- Significant experience and success in producing effective verbal and written communications.
- Experience and proven success in project management and executing multiple concurrent assignments while also periodically leading projects.
- 3 years prior experience in related risk and control disciplines (e.g., Risk Management, Internal/External Audit, etc.). Big 4 assurance or advisory experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in areas of Information Technology and/or Risk Management required. CISA or CISSP certification required. Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience is a plus.
- Skillful in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project. Experience with collaboration tools such as MS SharePoint and GRC systems such as BWise desired but not mandatory .
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.