The Cloud Engineering group in the Primavera Global Business Unit is focused on developing applications that will enable primavera applications to be hosted on Oracle Public Cloud. We leverage an agile development methodology(scrum) to facilitate the development of our products. Our development practices include empowered scrum teams, continuous build and integration, monthly sprint reviews, and a heavy emphasis on testing early and often.
As part of the Cloud Engineering development team the successful candidate will be actively developing the application platform for our cloud-based enterprise products. In this environment the Senior Applications Engineer will be called upon to analyze problems, suggest and assess multiple alternative solutions, and implement high-quality industry leading software. Responsibilities include,
• Participating in code reviews
• Working with application teams to provide infrastructure support in specific areas
• Engaging actively in the technical decision making process
• Participating in technical discussions and providing feedback depending on the needs of the team/department
• Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (including Oracle technologies) and assimilating them into the product suites
• Pro-actively mentoring and keeping track of team mates' progress
• Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
Candidate must have:
• Strong J2EE development experience
• Strong experience with Web-tier development using technologies such as Spring, JPA (EclipseLink/TopLink)
• Good experience with at least one of the popular J2EE Application Servers (experience with WebLogic is a plus)
• Good experience with writing SQL
• Experience with writing unit tests using JUnit
• Thorough understanding of OO principles
• Track record of rapidly learning and incorporating new technologies into his/her skill set
• Thorough knowledge of programming best practices
• Expert analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical, business, and design information
• Proven ability to deliver high-quality, tested software on time
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.