We are currently looking for experienced professional with strong technical skills and quality mindset to join our Digital Test Team. The team is mainly concentrated on Java based test automation, creating scripts for webGUI and Web Service interfaces using selenium WebDriver, also continuously extending existing test automation Cucumber based framework. Desktop, tablet and mobile platforms are in our test automation scope. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in software development and/or technical quality assurance OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in software development and/or technical quality assurance.
- Experience working on more than one product delivery cycle simultaneously.
- Experience as a tester in software development.
- Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols.
- Experience identifying the relationship of bugs to software code.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Total of 4 + years of Strong Java / J2EE / Selenium Development
- Minimum 1+ years of experience leading a team of developers/engineers from design to completion of project.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands on DB Driven J2ee development experience
- Minimum 2+ years of hands on Experience with Selenium script development for QA Automated Testing
- Development experience should be current and not in the past
- Good Database knowledge from J2ee applications perspective
- Good knowledge about at least one J2ee web container such as WebSphere, tomcat, JBoss etc.
- Good Unix command line and shell script Skills from application development perspective
- Automation Experience is a plus
- Experience with SOAP and/or Rest based web Services development is a plus
- Experience with design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Good problem solving
- Good analytical thinking
- Basic understanding of test methodologies
- Should be comfortable to work with various development, QA, Automation teams
- Experience in designing JAVA based automated test frameworks.
- Experience with WebService testing.
- Experience with other automated commercial and open source test tools.
- Scripting languages knowledge (Groovy, UNIX Shell).
- Experience with Cucumber framework
- Experience with setting up and managing continuous integration tool (Jenkins or similar).
- Experience with load, soap and performance testing.
- 4+ years of experience in testing application software.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent.
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.