The Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) organization is actively seeking a Senior Java Developer for Oracle E-Business Suite.
The Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) organization provides strategic technical solutions for various Actuarial, Financial, and other business groups. Oracle E-Business Suite is a key component for the ESS organization. All the company’s financial data flows through the system. The system consists of Oracle delivered and extensive customizations developed by ESS.
The candidate will be a seasoned hands-on technologist with strong background in designing and building modular, scalable, testable enterprise systems using Java stack technologies and frameworks preferably in Financial Services or Insurance domain. Extensive experience working and developing with databases is a must.
The candidate will work collaboratively with project stakeholders to design and develop components of Oracle E-Business Suite architecture to support current and future business needs. The candidate will influence technical direction, come up with/review detailed implementation designs and be accountable for stability, scalability and extendibility of the architecture. The candidate will actively participate in the full SDLC including development, deployment, testing and support of the application. The candidate will also work collaboratively with a broader technology organization to ensure solutions integrate with other components of the architecture, meet high technical quality standards, and follow software development best practices.
We are looking for motivated and bright individuals that thrive in a dynamic environment and are comfortable contributing fresh ideas, and welcome learning opportunities. Initiative, ownership, strong analytical and communication skills are important to success in the role. Qualifications:
- 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Hands on experience developing in Java/J2EE and knowledge of Object Oriented design concepts and design patterns required
- Hands on experience with SQL, stored procedures, database object modeling, performance tuning and data warehousing concepts (Oracle preferred)
- Unix/Linux shell scripting a plus
- Understanding of agile development methodologies and test-driven development practices
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- Understanding of finance, risk modeling and pricing is a plus
- Proven track record of delivery
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to work well in team and independently
- Strong work ethic and drive for success
- Keeps up to date on emerging technologies
- Any exposure to Oracle E-Business Suite including Oracle Application Framework (OAF) is a plus
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.