You would be a lead technical architect/developer that would support changes requested by the business as well as internal changes needed for the rating, billing and finance application system. Our system supports rating rates for all Verizon Wireless customers, billing for all wireless customers daily and all the payment, taxing and booking needs of Verizon Wireless.
You will analyze, design, code, test and trouble for our billing application including it’s transformation.
- Build Java application in AWS and/or private cloud environments to design and develop the billing application, and to coordinate with rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Provide expertise in the use of the spring framework, including best practices and design patterns.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to the problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatic testing tools.
- Implement Docker, AWS and other application server environments running in Linux environments both in the cloud and on-premises, supporting applications written in Java stack technologies.
- Handle projects that deals with rating, billing and finance and in certain cases, complex projects require coordination with external systems
- Develop and implement solid, scalable and flexible software solutions for business and application teams migrating, transforming, and/or developing applications in the public cloud (AWS).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Six or more years programming experience with Java/J2EE in a Linux environment including Spring framework and REST, Web services.
- Experience using AWS Services to build applications including Kinesis, Lambda, Spring boot, Docker, Elastic Beanstalk and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (SaaS/ IaaS / PaaS).
- Experience with open source databases such as Cassandra or MariaDB
- General knowledge of database design and database concepts.
- General knowledge of application design principles, practices design patterns, DevOps and software life cycles.
Ideally will also have:
- Experience in Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Experience in source code version including Stash or Github.
- Experience in testing automation, continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins and Jira.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.