Senior Java Engineer
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Want to be part of the Risk team in revolutionizing payment processing? Are you seeking a role in a fast moving team, working on niche technologies? Do you aspire for a rewarding career coupled with good work-life balance? If Yes, PayPal in seeking candidates like you to be part of this revolution. PayPal Risk team is committed to revolutionizing customers' retail experiences with safe and faster mobile payment solutions by working closely with large and small retailers around the globe. Working in partnership with Product and UX teams, we build Risk capabilities for next generation commerce products, including mobile payments, contactless payments, cardless ATM cash access, cloud based offers and loyalty, to name a few.
We are looking for a passionate Java engineer to join our team based in San Jose, CA in developing next generation Risk solutions.
What you'll be doing:
Software solution design, development and code rollout.
Collaborate with Product and UX teams to gather requirements.
Work with architects and DTLs to validate designs.
Establish & follow engineering best practices.
Ensure overall quality of features using test driven development and automation test script implementation.
Using a diverse set of data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra and Redis to accomplish a range of features using Java, Python.
What you need for this position:
• BS/MS in CS/EE or equivalent with minimum 5+ years of working experience, preferably with an Internet company.
• Strong foundation in the object-oriented programming paradigm, design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
• Experience in enterprise application development using Java with 3+ years experience. Backend service development preferred.
• Experience with Django or equivalent Python web framework.
• Experience developing and using REST APIs.
• Strong scripting skills. Python is a must.
• Experience in MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis is a plus.
• Understanding of GitHub, Jira and continuous integration.
• Capable of working in a globally distributed development team.
• Experience in payments processing or payments domain is a plus.
• Fast learner and eager to stretch and grow.
• Can-do attitude and willing to challenge the status.
• Strong business sense with analytical ability.
• Show respect for differences in opinion and work as a team.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.