Would you like to join a development team delivering cutting-edge software to the healthcare domain? We are expert in connecting healthcare information systems across hospitals and physician practices to create a single software work environment for physicians.
PatientKeeper, a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians, is now part of HCA, the largest provider of healthcare services in the U.S. With growth comes new opportunity, so we are searching for a senior level Java web developer to join our Engineering team. The team develops and maintains J2EE based Web applications and Mobile applications (iOS, Android) for the healthcare industry.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the developer's primary responsibility is to design, implement and support UI and server-side business logic for PatientKeeper's industry leading applications. You will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will actively participate in on-going new feature/architecture designs and product enhancements. You are able to quickly learn complex concepts and use your extensive experience/knowledge to recognize areas for improvement.
• Design and develop new industry-leading products.
• Enhance and maintain our current applications from the standpoint of performance, scalability, and reliability.
• Actively participate in the effort of defining development best practices, facilitate code reviews and process improvements.
• Champion building high quality software using test-driven development practices in a high-paced agile environment.
• Seasoned developer with 5 years of experience designing and building Web applications on J2EE platform with passion for building high performing, scalable, and user friendly solutions.
• Have experience and appreciation for working in high-paced agile environment.
• Detail oriented and thorough in interpreting requirements.
• Knowledgeable of and have solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts, web application development best practices, design patterns, and frameworks.
• Cognizant of software designs and implementation choices' impact on application performance and maintainability.
• Current with emerging Web technologies.
• Able to work individually and as part of a diverse team.
• Capable of mentoring junior developers.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field required
• 5 years of progressive web application development experience implementing robust scalable cross-browser solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Spring MVC, Web Security, multithreading, and cache management.
• Working knowledge of the relational database technologies.
• Experience designing and implementing J2EE web applications with highly optimized and scalable architecture.
For more information about us visit, http://www.patientkeeper.com/about-us/careers.html
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom