GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a member of a dedicated team, this role is responsible to provide support to
various laboratories. To perform QC analytical chemistry tests and some microbiology on a daily basis. To ensure that there are sufficient quantities of consumables as to meet logistical requirements. To keep track of deliveries and to organize and maintain the store room. To ensure that all data is archived, maintaining the archive system.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Analyze products or raw materials, in compliance
with documented procedures and in accordance with the stipulated deadlines
• Understand and comply with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) carrying out all tasks to standards accepted as GxP
• Comply with Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices to include required methods of achieving sterility such as depyrogenation of glassware, cleaning of incubators and fridges and fogging of the sterility test suite
• Maintain the working environment in a safe and tidy condition based on the defined standards rules and schedules (such as performing periodic Dick and Bowie and Leak rate required tests for the laboratory autoclave)
• Generate chemistry and microbiology regulatory documentation, maintaining accurate and inspect able paper and electronic records through archive logbook, a collection and returns from the provider of data protection, data recovery and archiving software
• Maintain and monitor stock levels of consumables to include tracking of deliveries and dealing with supplier's issues
• Predict and co-ordinate purchasing requirements of the group
• Archive all data within the laboratory
• Responsible for training and mentoring Lab Assistant when Required
• Assist more senior staff with non-routine analyses, when required
• Comply with EHS regulations & policies
• Can assist in training more junior lab technicians as required.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality
2. Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and
3. regulations as they apply to this job type/position
4. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance
5. training within the defined deadlines
6. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and
7. take immediate corrective action as required
8. Knowledge and understanding of requirements for
9. software & hardware verifications and validations, electronic signature, document control,
10. configuration change control, good documentation practices, calibration & Preventative
11. Maintenance as applicable to assigned tasks
12. Training: Aware of and comply with GEHC training requirements
1. High school diploma or local equivalent
2. 2-year degree in biotechnology or a biological science
3. Minimum of 4 years' experience in relevant environment
4. Good written and oral communication
5. Experience in dealing with ordering, deliveries, computer experience
6. Knowledge and preferably experience in a GxP environment
7. Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
1. Bachelor degree and/or 4 years laboratory experience
2. Exceptional attention to detail
3 Experienced in QC analytical test methods .
4 Experience with generating Laboratory OOS/investigation reports.
5 Previous experience in a Lead or Senior laboratory technical role.
Locations: United States; New Jersey; South Plainfield
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.