Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is redefining the payments industry while at the same time making a real difference in the lives of individuals around the world. Our payments solution is accepted in 200 markets around the world and simultaneously supports entrepreneurs running their business in Australia and some of the most well known brands on and off the Internet. Join a high growth technology company that makes a difference.
We are seeking a senior lead front end architect/software engineer for the PayPal Merchant Data Collection team as we redesign the next generation merchant experience. This individual will influence senior leadership in our Merchant organization on technical direction and will have a direct impact on the merchant on boarding, merchant profile, and compliance data collection solutions. We want problem solvers who will lead a technical direction for multiple teams.
- Provide technical leadership and define best practices and approaches across several different web applications focused on Merchants in our payment ecosystem.
- Mentor junior team members in achieving greatness
- Work with product and design teams to develop new ideas and tests to identify opportunities to acquire additional merchants and improve the merchant experience.
- Bring product and code improvements ideas to the team
- Care strongly about developing amazing user experiences
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in software engineering
- Solid knowledge of popular JS frameworks and libraries (Angular, Ember, React, Underscore, etc.)
- Experience developing Node.js applications
- Comfortable working in HTML/CSS to re-create provided designs
- Strong understanding of the full development stack
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.