The BP Learning Service Centre (LSC) has established itself as the centre of excellence within BP in the provision of the logistical and operational support for training events. The LSC Delivery & Logistics (D&L) team consists of 65 FTE and is based in both Bedfont Lakes (35) and Houston (30). Working in liaison with colleagues in other LSC teams, it is responsible for all aspects of the administration and 'silent' end-to-end delivery of the 3,000 sessions which the LSC delivers globally each year.
This role 'day to day' reports into a portfolio-focussed Account Manager based in Bedfont Lakes or Houston, but is line managed by the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) in whichever region it is based. It is responsible for providing guidance and day to day supervision to of a small group of co-located Learning Coordinators (LCs) and for providing absence cover for the Account Manager as required. The role is responsible for the provision of specified project focussed activities in support of the work of the wider team. It also represents the LSC at client level 'locally' if the Account Manager is absent. The role is also required to take a session load, typically 50-70% of normal LC utilisation, focussing primarily on the delivery of either complex sessions or those which use non-standard delivery platforms.Key accountabilities
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- The provision of 'day-to-day' guidance, support and supervision to the 'in region' portfolio LCs and assuring the quality of their work, including acting as the SME locally for session which use complex or non-standard delivery platforms.
- Working closely with the portfolio Account Manager by representing the LSC/portfolio 'in region' portfolio to the client group. Providing absence cover as required.
- Provision of specific project-focussed work in support of the work of the wider team; particularly the assurance of data and reporting.
- To act as the single point of accountability for a portfolio of sessions; ensuring 'silent running' and providing the end-to-end administration and delivery of a portfolio of sessions.
- Blended Learning:
- Establish role as a single point of accountability for operational support of allocated blended learning programs and support of other Blended Learning Coordinators.
- Supports & trains a team of coordinators with the focus of blended technology (Adobe Connect Online Classroom (OLC), Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), High Definition Distance Learning and Face-to-Face methods
Essential experience and job requirements
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent, relevant experience)
- Numerate and able to convey written messages clearly with a close attention to grammar and spelling.
- Experience in working in Events/Learning Operations.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Experience of supervising others, evidence of ability to task manage others (2+ years).
- Experience of working with non-standard learning delivery platforms, or a proven aptitude to learn how systems such as Adobe and HDDL operate and are operated and deployed. (1+ year)
- Proven ability to effectively prioritise work of self and others in a busy and fast-changing multi-faceted role (3+ years).
- Evidence of sound relationship-building skills; internally & externally; colleagues, and clients. (3+ years)
- Evidence of ability to influence stakeholders, colleagues and managers outside of line management chain.
- Evidence of good communication skills; experience in fashioning messages appropriately to different audiences.
- Numerate with a proven understanding of data analysis and reporting.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Proven supervisory skills and expertise.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills; a confident and flexible approach to coping with fast moving and frequently shifting priorities to ensure goals and deadlines are met.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills; particularly with external and distant internal stakeholders.
- An innovative and pragmatic approach; seeking simple, 'best fit' solutions.
- Ability to analyse and report on data; ensuring the production of sound and credible findings on which to base decision making. Numerate.
- Resilience, flexibility, decisiveness, delivery focused and a good team player.
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
To remain one of the world's premier integrated oil companies, BP recognises that it needs a highly respected, high performing, world class HR function which combines the provision of strategic advice to business leaders with efficient and effective transactional support to managers and employees. The HR function does this through the development and delivery of well executed HR services and by defining standards, policies and processes to help ensure we have the right people in the right roles when we need them, motivated and able to deliver outstanding performance. This is achieved by delivering business partnering and support; operational excellence; people data and core HR processes; governance, policy and coherence and ensuring that we have an effective system of HR compliance and controls in line with regulatory requirements and company policies and standards and by creating coherence in core HR areas. We are looking for talented, committed HR professionals who can work with the business to deliver the right people solutions that create competitive advantage to the organisation.Segment
Corporate & FunctionsClosing Date
[ "17-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.