Senior Lease Accountant
Company: Pitney Bowes
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Posted: November 08, 2017
Reference ID: 168720
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Accountant at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on accuracy and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our North American Financial Services Accounting team in Shelton, CT and report to Global Financial Services Controller. You will be responsible for:
• Month-end Accounting Close (US & Canada Financial Services)
• Month-end Reporting and Analysis
• Account Reconciliations
• Journal Entry preparation
• High volume data analytics
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in an accounting or finance position
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized; high energy level; proactive
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems;
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Technical accounting skills (lease accounting expertise is a plus)
• Experience with mainframe financial reporting systems.
• Experience with data warehouse query tools (e.g. Cognos, Access)
• Outstanding time management, communications, decision making, and organizational skills.
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.