WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
We are a staff counsel for an insurance company in need of a Senior Legal Assistant to provide full tort litigation support within a high volume and fast-paced environment. Depending on level of experience this position can be hired as Legal Assistant or Senior Legal Assistant. This position will assist two experienced tort lawyers. The ideal candidate will support with overall support of the office as needed which could include the following: photo-copying, limited filing, case matching, CD duplication, PDF compilation, file conversion, etc.
- Preparation and filing (both electronic and manual) of pleadings and motions/oppositions
- Discovery work
- Extensive scheduling and calendar activity
- Mail review and preparation of correspondence
- Processing invoices for payment
- Document production, data maintenance and handling of our electronic legal files
- Direct interactions with clients, opposing counsel, claim partners, and court personnel Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a defense civil legal secretary in a law office or a staff legal office for an insurance company.
- Personal injury experience required
- High-school diploma required
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Experience in discovery preparation and production
- Experience maintaining calendars via Outlook for attorneys, clients and claim interactions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully operate within a high volume/fast paced environment
- Readily able to work independently in a paperless environment
- Must be able to work with State Court systems
- Capable of data entry across multiple systems
- Strong organizational skills, especially regarding prioritizing work activities for multiple attorneys
- Must be able to manipulate electronic documents such as TIF, PDF and JPG formats
- Ability to work in a team-structured environment
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is located in our staff legal office in Hartford, CT.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **