Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Senior Legal Counsel - Products
We seek a lawyer who will be engaged fully, communicate openly and forge close working relationships throughout our company. We seek a confident self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. We seek a leader, who can use his or her exceptional judgment and strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills to be comfortable, effective and persuasive in partnering with senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel and guide product management and development teams on a variety of issues, including intellectual property, commercial terms, privacy, and regulatory compliance matters relating to new and existing products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Lead technology transactions by negotiating and drafting commercial, licensing and intellectual property agreements affecting Workday's products and services
- Review and interpret third party posted terms to guide the product teams and ensure Workday's compliance
- Help develop commercial strategy for new products
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to develop effective go-to-market plans for new products and services by determining the best way to integrate new offerings into Workday's current sales, delivery and support models
- Develop and deliver training to inform internal teams
Required Skills & Experience
- JD from a top tier law school, excellent academic credentials
- Bar Admission, preferably California
- Ten years of law firm or in-house legal department work experience, with at least five years focused on negotiation of significant technology transactions Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker, problem solver
- Detail-orientated and meticulous practitioner
- Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
- A strong team player who can work well with Workday colleagues in finance, sales, operations, human resources and other functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrated willingness to identify and act on ways to assist others to accomplish corporate goals Enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
- Committed to personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders - legal colleagues, management, customers, auditors, regulators and others
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.