Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday helps organizations in all industries achieve extraordinary success. Whether you're a midsize organization or a Fortune 50 enterprise, our cloud-based system gives you deep insight into your business and the agility to adapt to change.
Workday's legal department closely partners with the business, providing proactive and innovative counsel that helps drive groundbreaking products and services. We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced sourcing and procurement attorney who will be responsible for providing strategic, tactical and execution level legal support of all phases of our vendor engagement and management initiatives. This attorney will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with high volume deal flow. This position will interact closely with business clients and cross-functional teams, including Workday's procurement organization and other constituent organizations (security, IT, privacy, ethics and compliance and others). As a senior member of the department, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced and high-growth environment to drive resolutions to successful closure. We seek a leader, who can use his or her exceptional judgment and strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills to support our internal clients throughout the organization.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on important projects. We seek an attorney with a minimum of eight (8) years of sourcing and procurement experience. This is a full-time position based in our Pleasanton, California office and will report to the Associate General Counsel, Sourcing and Procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, negotiate, counsel and oversee a wide variety of vendor contracts, ranging from routine to complex transactional matters for Workday
- Analyze and interpret complex sourcing and procurement transactions to ensure compliance, consistency, and legal risk mitigation across multiple jurisdictions
- Proactively and collaboratively process a large volume of contracts under demanding time constraints
- Deliver innovative, pragmatic, timely, and business-oriented legal counsel to Workday's various internal clients and stakeholders in a positive and constructive manner
- Work closely with internal operations teams to build scalable infrastructure for supporting rapidly growing domestic and international teams
- Collaborate with procurement organization regarding improved ways to facilitate high volume transactions for clients
- Counsel business units to support business initiatives and internal compliance, in addition to a wide range of legal issues
- Support other areas as necessary including areas involving unfamiliar subject areas
- JD from a recognized U.S. law school and licensed to practice in California, or eligible for in-house registration
- 8+ years of experience supporting vendor transactions (drafting, revising and negotiation experience)
- Significant experience negotiating complex contracts while simultaneously managing a high volume of day-to-day transactions
- Outstanding contract negotiation and drafting skills
- Superior business judgment and the ability to address complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, meticulous and strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to create and sustain lasting relationships with internal clients and management
- Sound judgment
• Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
• A strong team player who can work well with Workday colleagues in real estate, marketing, human resources, and other functions
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrated willingness to identify and act on ways he or she may assist others to accomplish corporate goals
• Enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
• Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
• Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders - legal colleagues, management, customers, auditors, regulators and others