Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Legal Specialist - Corporate Advisory Securities & Transactions (CAST)
The Role and the Team
A great opportunity exists for a detail oriented, confident and experienced professional to join the CAST (Corporate Advisory, Securities and Transactions) team within Capital One’s Legal Department. As a Senior Legal Specialist you will be responsible for supporting transactional activities, including strategic transactions and funding transactions.
CAST is comprised of a dynamic group of legal professionals who support Capital One’s broad range of transactions, including merger & acquisitions, complex procurement and outsourcing contracts, digital and technology transactions, line of business transactions, partnerships, marketing arrangements, real estate contracts, capital markets transactions and strategic investments. CAST also supports SEC reporting and public disclosure, including ’34 Act filings, financial reporting and Investor Relations, as well as executive compensation, the annual stockholder meeting and proxy statement. Attorneys and other legal professionals within CAST advise our diversified businesses on a broad range of business matters in a constantly changing and stimulating environment.
In addition, through its bold initiatives, state of the art infrastructure, breadth of talent, and dynamic work environment, the Legal Department of Capital One has become one of the most highly admired corporate legal departments in the country.
The Senior Legal Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Managing complex due diligence processes related to secured & unsecured funding and M&A transactions
- Providing deal support on strategic transactions, including deal document support, managing the deal process for stakeholder review, managing the closing checklist for M&A transactions, drafting and reviewing resolutions and other governance related documentation related to transactions, and performing legal risk management functions
- Working directly with business clients by managing intake and initial preparation of non-disclosure agreements
- Supporting debt sales transactions, including with respect to secured assets
- Compiling files for complex transactions, including secured & unsecured funding and M&A transactions
- Supporting enhancement and implementation of effective transaction processes including managing new intakes and supporting various approval processes.
Specific candidate competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Paralegal experience with an in-house legal department or law firm, with preference to a background in transactions, and supporting processes and controls to ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures and legal requirements relating to transactions.
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritize and manage a significant volume of work on a broad array of topics with multiple and simultaneous deadlines is critical.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player to manage efficient processes, to get issues resolved across organizational boundaries, and to build collegial and effective relationships with business leaders, attorneys, paralegals, project managers and administrative assistants at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage complex processes and projects.
- Strong analytical, and oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence others.
- At least an Associate's Degree or paralegal certificate.
- At least 2 years of paralegal experience with an in-house legal department or law firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- At least 4 to 6 years of paralegal experience with an in-house legal department or law firm with focus on transactions.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.