The Oracle Labs team is seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to be a major contributor to the tremendous growth we are experiencing. We support cutting edge technology from emerging to market built by our Oracle Labs engineers. This position has the opportunity to experience the ground up development and operational process and be an individual contributor. This is a new position due to growing demand for our staffs day to day service and support.
We pride ourselves on team work and support of our customers as well as each other on staff. If you're outgoing and are eager to be part of our team's success we would like to hear from you. Location: Redwood Shores, CA.
Full time (sorry no corp to corp or 1099) with full Oracle benefits DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
We are seeking a seasoned, hands-on Linux System Administrator that has prior experience building and deploying data centers from the ground up. Additional skills include:
- 5 yrs. of Linux Systems Administration- Red Hat, CentOS advanced system knowledge. Solaris experience is a big plus
- Must have Oracle DB 11 (RAC preferred) and ZFS storage administration
- Experience supporting servers in a global environment
- Familiar with Software Development environments and scripting automated tasks
- Atlassian Administration: JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence, Crucible
- Familiar with Git repo best practices and administration, mecurial a plus
- Team player and ability to multitask
- Collaborate with engineers and document with change controls as standard practice
- Experience with rack and stack Data Center deployment from the ground up
- Customer Service and ability to liaison between inter dept projects
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues and provide solutions
ADDITIONAL SKILLS SOUGHT
- OVM Experience
- Python, Puppet, Chef
- Data Center Capacity monitoring and planning
- Understand of backup administration and Legato
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.