* Linux operating systems design, implementation, configuration and maintenance
* System deployment, integration and test
* Application installation, support and maintenance
* System performance and utilization monitoring
* Detect, isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues and outages
* Collection and analysis of diagnostic data
* Development of resolutions to issues
•Implement and maintain compliance of Information Security and Assurance policies
* Recovery and restoration of operations
* General support of systems engineering and software development teams
* 4-6 years of experience performing Linux systems administration with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or SuSE Linux Enterprise
* System maintenance activities such as user administration, system network management, name resolution, authentication, daemon, init, and cron management
* System backup and restore with tools such as NetVault, Backup Exec, and Clonezilla
* Experience with system deployment and configuration management tools such as Kickstart, Altiris, and Puppet
* Experience with database such as MySQL and Postgres
* Linux integration with Windows-based systems
* System design, installation and configuration
* System security controls implementation
* Vulnerability Assessment (testing, assessment, mitigation/justification)
• Experience with compliance of Security Requirements (i.e., ICD-503)
• Experience with compliance and implementation of Information Security and Assurance policies
* Troubleshoot issues using built-in operating system functionality and system logs
* Documentation including discrepancy reports, system configuration, test documentation, and user guides
* General shell scripting using bash and C shell for system automation
* General knowledge of engineering processes and system life cycles
* Must be able to provide occasional off hour call in support
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.