As a Localization Project Manager for Latin America at Blizzard, you will be a key member reporting to the Localization Manager and working closely with multiple teams across Blizzard campus as well as our external vendors. Your attention to detail and high standards for quality will make you a trusted and reliable resource for critiquing and polishing the quality of the localization that goes into Blizzard games. You know that low quality audio or sloppy text translation only serves to jolt a player out of the experience - and you'll champion this notion before internal Blizzard staff and external strategic partners that you'll work with on a daily basis. You'll speak up and often, meaning both diplomacy skills and passion for games are absolute musts.
While you'll represent the global gaming community at Blizzard, you'll work in Irvine, California, Blizzard's North American Headquarters. Here you'll rub elbows every day with a culturally diverse and globally minded staff ranging from developers to producers, artists to community representatives, writers to sound engineers, which are all here for one thing - to create the most epic entertainment experiences ever!You will be...
- The gateway for communication; whether it's external vendors or internal teams within Blizzard, you will be their first point of contact for localization. Great communication skills are a must.
- An ambassador of Blizzard games across the world; you're diplomatic and good at interacting with people from all levels of the organization to drive Blizzard's gaming initiatives in a global level.
- The final seal of approval ; you will ensure that all localized assets are polished and impeccable, by working closely with both internal and external teams, assuring there are no flaws in the workflows.
- A tracker ; you will oversee the end-to-end localization of Blizzard games for Latin America, including tracking and managing the project schedule, QA timelines, coordinate internal and external resources and manage any linguistic issues that may occur.
- A problem solver ; you will be the go-to person for the IP you are responsible for. The ability to identify potential risks and solve localization related problems is a must.
- The bookkeeper of your projects; you will review, approve and manage quotes, invoices and other financial documents for all outsourced work.
- An innovator ; you'll help evangelize best localization practices.
- 5 years of localization/project management experience and a related degree, with 3 years of those in a managerial role.
- 7 years of localization/project management experience in lieu of a related degree, with 3 years of those in a managerial role.
- Familiarity with the Blizzard multiverse
- Passion for videogames
- Great communication skills, with the ability to tailor your correspondence for all levels of the organization
- You've worked on several, if not more, AAA video game titles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, JIRA, Wrike and other Project Management related tools
- Solid experience with HTML, XML based content management systems and/or CAT tools
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting workflows that include linguistic quality assurance and post-machine translation editions
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to manage multiple tasks in an extremely time-pressured environment
- You are intellectually curious, tech-savvy and have a positive attitude towards changes
- You can set a great example and support your team members, while handling multiple projects at a time
- Experience working on products or services for Latin American markets
- Working knowledge of one of the two following languages: Latin American Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese .
- Technical and practical experience working with audio files and tools
- You are a passionate, long-time fan of Blizzard games
- You have several high-level characters across the Blizzard multiverse
- You have project management, localization, or software testing certifications
- You have developed and fostered relationships in the game localization industry
- You are familiar with our core values; they resonate with you and you'd feel comfortable questioning Blizzard practices that go against these values
To apply, please submit the following information.
- A resume demonstrating your epic localization, QA, and/or project management experience
Due to the high volume of applications, those submittals without at least two (2) of the following documents in addition to the resume will NOT be considered:
- A short cover letter telling us why you want to work for Blizzard's Localization, Latin America team
- A list of your 5 most recently played games
- An original Game Analysis on your all-time favorite game
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.