Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
We are a data-engineering team based in San Francisco. We enable real time insights across Workday's applications. Our focus is on the practical application of search, machine learning and distributed computing. Our products help the world's largest organizations make strategic decisions about their people and finances.
We are proud of our nimble, startup like culture. We practice quick ideation, agile development, pair programming, extensive automated testing and continuous deployment. Every team is a proud service owner, responsible for development, quality, and production support.
Do you want to work on leveraging Workday's vast computing resources with its rich and extensive datasets? To work with world class engineers and facilitate the development of the analytics platform and products for the Fortune 500? If so, we should chat. Excited?, Here's more. In this role, you shall:
We would love to discuss your:
- Work with product managers to formulate the data analytics problem
- Propose statistical or machine learning based model/methodology to solve the problem
- Propose accuracy measures and validation criteria for the model
- Implement and evaluate proposed model/methodology
- Communicate the results and methodology effectively within the team and to external stakeholders
- Build robust and scalable software product with data-driven techniques at its core
- Educational background in relevant field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Computational Biology, or other quantitative fields)
- Strong coding skills in at least one high level programming language like Java, Scala, C++ or Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Professional experience analyzing large-scale complex data sets and productizing end-to-end machine learning models at scale using distributed platforms such as Hadoop or Spark
- Proficiency in statistical analytics and machine learning algorithms especially for supervised and unsupervised methods
- Proficiency in at least one statistical modeling tools like R, Matlab or Weka
- Any experience with relevant technologies like Hadoop, YARN, Mesos, Spark, Elasticsearch or Kafka
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.