DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Sets up and operates diverse types of machinery (CNC, Pneumatic, or Manual) in assigned cell, in order to, produce various types (different sizes, lengths, cannulated, grindable, ungrindable, etc.) of titanium and/or stainless steel products used in medical industry. Equipment used depends on product manufacturing or operation being performed and varies from cell to cell. Ensures that production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance schedule is adhered to, and safety rules are followed. Follows FDA Guidelines.
Reports to Production Supervisor. Works independently within established guidelines. Interfaces with engineering, maintenance, tool room, quality, materials, and other production area employees, as needed. Incumbent has direct input into production processes and methods. Trains and develops current, new, and temporary employees, as needed.
Works in a manufacturing environment. Conditions vary and may be hot, cold, wet, and/or noisy. Exposure to fumes from oil, coolants, etc. is regular. Work involves being on feet 100% of the time. Work is to very close tolerance and involves close attention to detail to maintain appropriate production levels, quality standards, and to work in a safe manner. Light (5-20 pounds) lifting is required on a regular basis and heavy lifting (over 50 pounds is required, on occasion. Carelessness or inattention to work may cause lost time accident to self or others.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up and operates diverse types of equipment used to manufacture various types of titanium and/or stainless steel products within established quality requirements. Works on test or new products, on a regular basis, as well as on established products.
- Operations being performed depend on cell assignment and product being manufactured but include and are not limited to, cutting raw material, cutting blanks, finishing profile, turning, hexing, milling, cross slotting, fluting, threading, de-burring, and buffing, and chemical finishing operations.
- Equipment used may be CNC, Pneumatic, or manual and includes, but is not limited to: tornos, various types of mills, lathes, grinders, hex, roll flows, vibrators, drill presses, buffers, grinding wheels, and chemical finishing equipment.
- All operators use various types of measuring instruments including, numerous types of gages micrometers, calipers, and comparaters.
- All operators use diverse types of hand tools (ie wrenches, screw drivers, etc) to adjust or change tooling or fixtures for set up changes or quality adjustments. Makes minor adjustments to CNC programs as necessary.
- Ensures that first piece and in process quality checks are completed following established quality specifications. Addresses rejects from Quality, determines if it can be accomplished and method used. Interface with quality and other production employees to resolve problems.
- Ensures that scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance is completed on a regular basis such as, but not limited to, checking and replacing coolant, checking fluid oils, emptying metal chips, and cleaning machinery and work areas. Troubleshoots minor breakdowns and interfaces with maintenance regarding equipment breakdowns, as needed.
- Works directly with tool room or engineering to resolve process and material problems. Has direct input into tool/fixture design and materials/supply purchases.
- Trains and develops current, new, and temporary employees.
- Works following appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or co workers.
- Performs other related duties, as required. Insures cell is in FDA compliance.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- One year as a machine operator working on similar equipment and in related industry required.
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent required; Education and training normally associated with a trades school background in machining or related field a plus - appropriate work experience may substitute.
- Good math, communication, knowledge of metrics, and organizational skills are required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function