Wells Fargo’s Customer Information System (CIS) provides a holistic view into Customer’s relationships to products, services and other customers. Superior Customer Relationship Management skills are fundamental in meeting WF’s Business Objectives and key to the success of this application development opportunity in building new CIS functionality, improve customer data quality, and support key business objectives for Wells Fargo.
The successful candidate will analyze business requirements, existing data to identify processes gaps and data quality solutions. Will understand customer information principals and Hogan programming concepts, and will be able to design and develop effective CIS technical solutions for large, complex system implementations enhancing Wells Fargo’s ability to better support Customer Relationship Management leading to a consistently superior customer experience throughout WF.
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and technical consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees and participates in overall systems testing and the migration of applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and managing the work of less experienced staff.
- Acts as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Hogan experience
- 7+ years of Cobol experience
- 7+ years of DB2 experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of TSO (Time Sharing Options)
- Knowledge and understanding of JCL (Job Control Language)
- Knowledge and understanding of Endeavor
- SQL experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge and understanding of MQ Series Messaging
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of CICS experience
- 7+ years of experience in Hogan Customer Information System (CIS) and Hogan Process Control Data (PCD) functions of the Hogan application suite.
- File Manager experience
- Knowledge and understanding of HP ALM Explorer(Quality Center)
- 3+ years of experience in sequential dataset viewing.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience with Database IMS and/or DB2
- Strong planning, coordination and leadership skills
- Mainframe on-line and batch processing concepts
- 3+ years of experience with applications comprised of IMS and DB2 databases, utilizing Cobol and EZtrieve batch processes, CICS 3270 “green” screens, & MQ Messaging.
- 2+ years of experience working directly on Wells Fargo's Hogan CIS application suite in the capacity of a technician.
- Experience working with other Hogan Suite applications such as Hogan IDS, Hogan RPM, or Hogan CAMS.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.